Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in a local gun shop/sporting goods store that I don't really ever go to, just to look around at their new store today. They had some good stuff, and prices weren't bad either. I asked if the had any .22 ammo, and the guy points at about 10 boxes of CCI standard velocity 50 round boxes and said that was all they could get in. The best part, as bad as this sounds, was the price....$4 and some change per box. That's less than I paid a few weeks ago for .22 CCI shorts at Walmart.

The limit was 4 boxes so I got my 4. I have two little boys who are itching to go shoot, it was worth it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's good to hear. Hopefully it'll become a thing of the norm. I stopped by cabelas this morning to pick up an order I placed and noticed they had .22lr on their shelves but there was a line to get to them. So I took my package and left. There should be a fresh batch of ammo showing up on the auctions here shortly.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ammo score here as we'll! A friend has a Winchester 9422 that suddenly stopped cycling cartridges. I field stripped it and found an Aguila Super Colibri facing backwards and nestled back inside the cartridge carrier so as to block the cartridge lifter. My reward was that I got to keep the Aguila cartridge. :)

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I got these 3 50rd boxes of 22lr at Bass pro for $7 & change.As far as I know,they have em all the time.Limit is three. image.jpg

·
Registered
484 Posts
I saw a bunch of .22 LR at my local Academy this morning. I had two boxes of CCI Blazer in my hands and gave it back to the counter guy because I don't need any. They had Winchester, Aguilla, CCI, and some Rem GB .22 Shorts also at reasonable prices. They also had some .22 Mag in the mix. Maybe it is coming back around.

Most of it was from 2.99 to 4.99 a 50 rd box. The 4.99 ammo was the copper plated Aguilla. Too expensive IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts