Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has all ammo taken a jump in price AGAIN ? I just got back from Wally World and the price of Win 170 grn 30-30 has gone up 30%. I didn't need any as I got enough while the price was still reasonable and I have enough powder,cases, primers. and bullets that I probably will never have to buy factory 30-30 ammo ever again. That being said factory 30-30 and .308 ammo are about the same price now and I have a hunch it will only get worse as our times and political climate get worse.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
30-30, 30-06, and 308 is disappearing fast online, at least the affordable stuff, plenty of high end match ammo still.
All ammo is starting to dry up. I did score some 10mm though.

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
I was i n Rural King and Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago and they had nothing at either place but a few 22 magnum. I didn't need any but just looked to see how bad it was. Happy I reload and have lots of components.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I got 1000 rounds of 5.56mm 62gr green tip for $400 from Sportsman's Guide a few weeks ago. I thought that was very reasonable.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Found this post:
Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:
Have you even been through a panic? Millions of unemployed neckbeards are fixing to make a dayjob out of flipping 9mm for a profit for the next few years. It's going to be scarce, probably forever, or at least until Kamala bans all 9mm pistols. You can probably get reman or reloads for a lower price, but this is the new normal, probably for the rest of your life. There were a few threads in years past warning us about this....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have never seen Walmart raise prices much if at all during the panic times. That was the only thing good I could ever say about them. They always seemed to not gouge on ammo during the panics like the lowlifes at Cheaperthandirt and others did.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have never seen Walmart raise prices much if at all during the panic times. That was the only thing good I could ever say about them. They always seemed to not gouge on ammo during the panics like the lowlifes at Cheaperthandirt and others did.
It's most likely who they are buying from that are raising the prices.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
Was at Wally the other day and didn't see an increase in prices. It'll all slow down in time, just like the toilet paper scare! The key, was havin' a little stock built up...just like the TP!

Reactions: Golphin

·
Super Moderator
11,667 Posts
I also reload but never pass a good buy on factory ammo. Probably have 30+ boxes of 30-30 that I got at Walmart for around $5/box after rebate or on clearance. Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I'm already seeing regular 30-30 sold out most places online, usually the hunting rounds are not affected by the panic buying but that's not the case this time.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Reloading components are about unobtanium now also. Those who were awake and prepared ahead of time can sit back relax and enjoy the show.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
I haven't noticed a price increase because the ammo shelves around me are empty. I actually have more in my basement than any store around me combined. Also, have enough handloading components for a decade.

Working 60 plus hours a week I really don't have time to handload and would prefer to by factory ammo to shoot now and reload later when I have time.

My biggest gripe is that I couldn't do my big buy of stuff before the 2020 Election. Didn't realize I had to do it in January of 2020. Covid-19 stopped that around March. Now, I'm going into this election not as prepared as I like.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Reloading components are about unobtanium now also. Those who were awake and prepared ahead of time can sit back relax and enjoy the show.
You must buy from different websites than a lot of other people. While some items are sold out, there's plenty to buy. You could spend several paychecks stocking up, and be set for life. There is absolutely no powder or brass shortage. At all. There's enough bullet selection to get you through any emergency. I will admit, primers are scarce, but they are still available for sale, especially the Match variety, a little more expensive, but they go bang . Do your research.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts