Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Wood Comfort food Nail Thumb

With this ammo being scarce as hen鈥檚 teeth, I got pretty lucky. I was in Nebraska for work and decided to make a quick stop at the original Cabela鈥檚 in Sidney and talk about luck! There was one box of .35 laying there screaming my name! Grabbed it and ran to the register. 馃槀 Paid $45 for the box. Now I鈥檓 good for this season. I feel much better now as I was down to my last 5 rounds. I鈥檓 starting to load some of my own with the Hornady 200gr round nose. But I probably won鈥檛 have that ready for the deer season. And I haven鈥檛 been able to find brass anyways.

Registered
1979 Marlin Model 336 35 Remington
View attachment 900359

With this ammo being scarce as hen鈥檚 teeth, I got pretty lucky. I was in Nebraska for work and decided to make a quick stop at the original Cabela鈥檚 in Sidney and talk about luck! There was one box of .35 laying there screaming my name! Grabbed it and ran to the register. 馃槀 Paid $45 for the box. Now I鈥檓 good for this season. I feel much better now as I was down to my last 5 rounds. I鈥檓 starting to load some of my own with the Hornady 200gr round nose. But I probably won鈥檛 have that ready for the deer season. And I haven鈥檛 been able to find brass anyways.
It is starting to show up in other places also. I was able to get 3 boxes from Sportsmans Warehouse early Sat. AM . They still have it listed as available as of 10 minutes ago. If you order as much as 2 boxes at $42.99 they pay shipping.

Registered
At the high-priced store, gunbroker.com, there is lots of .35 Remington brass for sale. It's expensive, but it's there. There are projectiles, too. When you need to shoot a deer, stuffing dollar bills in the magazine just won't do. In Summer 2020, when the supplies were drying up, I bought components on gunbroker at sane prices. A rifle without ammunition is a paperweight.

Desperate men do desperate things.

Registered
1979 Marlin Model 336 35 Remington
I am stating to see 300 Savage, but no 35 Rem or 32 WS yet. Glad I can roll my own.
If you check Sportsman Warehouse website early AM you may find Hornady Lever evolution 35 Remington. For several days they have had it early day only to show it unavailable later in the day. Reloading components are as difficult to find as ammo.

Registered
Hey folks. While we're on 35 Rems I have a quick question. Some time ago I was able to get my hands on a 336 waffle top. Sorry to say had already been d&t'd for scope. Serial number is H910. I tracked that as 1951 mfr but saw a note somewhere that they didn't produce 35 Rem until 1953? Someone clear me up please. Thx !!

Registered
The H is 1951, and according to my Brophy's, lying here in my lap, reads.
In 1953, the caliber 35 Rem. cartridge was added to the Model 336C.

RP

Registered
I'll do some more investigating. I've read so many articles and comments on 35 Rem that I guess I'm confused. I'm sticking with 1951 for now as everything I can find on serial number indicates that date. I need to see if I've got anything rare. Gun shoots great, it was in really decent shape when I got it and is better now. Thx P ! And sd !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts