Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pedalled out 20 miles or so to a rural show on my trusty old ten speed road racer saturday morning. Got an interesting haul ammo wise- most of it old.... a box of Omark marked CCI MAXI MAG .22 magnum 40 gr. FMJ. It looks as if the jacket went on over a hollow point bullet- should be interesting shooting. Also on the mag side got a box of Ruko jacketed hollow points- this stuff is still being made and sold as the Armscor ammo brand. My 94-22-M really liked this stuff in the 80's.

Got a box of Dominion head stamped target .22 LR ammo- it's plated and marked "Target-Imperial" I haven't seen this stuff since the very early 70's. Interesting plastic package- the cartridges slide out in rows of 5- the box is grooved to hold the rims- sure wish someone would bring this idea back. It's handy to use when the fingers are cold. I'll find out how well 30 year old ammo shoots pretty soon, I hope. :p

Also got two boxes of Lapua "POLAR BIATHLON" .22 LR target ammo. At 8 bucks a box, this stuff ain't cheap! It's very clean looking ammo, and I'm looking forward to shooting it. We'll see how it stacks up against the BDT.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sounds like you got some interesting ammo Doc. Still whipping around on that bicycle. You must weigh around 90 pounds by now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since I'm alittle bit younger then some of you in here I aint never heard of this type of ammo names. So I am VERY interested in how they shoot and stand up to the new types. If it maxes the BDT please post it. I always found it kinda awsome to find some rare or nonmanufactered ammo in places and then to see how well they shoot.

DoniphanRedneck

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sarge-

I lost 8 lbs. for a while there, but am now back up to my fightin weight of 137 lbs. :D That racer is MUCH easier and faster to pedal than the mtn bike. Did have a bit of trouble with 50 mph. cross-winds- I ended up taking 2 hours each way- there and back....

Doniphan-

I am fairly certain that the Lapua Biathlon ammo is a current production item. The CCI magnum ammo pre-dates the Blount ownership period of CCI- it may not shoot that well due to age. Old Men and Old Ammo- LOL :D

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Doc. Sounds good need some Bdt's maxed . get thing moving for summer

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wasn't talking about the lapua ammo. I was talking about the older ammo that was takled about.

Gunjunkie I have maxed it again with a different rifle. I did it with the winchester model 121 bolt action. Yet anyother windy day and my 10/22 just did not like it :cry:

at 25 yards, CCI mini-mag silhouette, off the railling of the porch, Tasco golden antler 3-9x32 scope.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts