Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Unless you are going to hunt in France (where former military caliber not are alowed for hunting) i suggest you stick to your .30-06
Hi

Actually since 2011 I thing former military calibers are allowed in France. That is why I were able to purchase my 308 and a lot of the guys that hunt with me use 30-06.

Regards

I have hunted in Europe and one thing to watch for is the countries laws regarding calibres. As an example, one EU country bans 'military' calibres like 9mm and 7.62. Best check with the guys your booked with, ask for thier suggestions, be safe and have a great time. I have seen Boar in France the size of a pony.
As Tranter said European wild boar are not ferial pigs but a lot bigger ? A friend in the next county Down from us in Devon shot 1 that weighed out at 600lbs. This is not a wind up it was weighed and witnessed. As Robert Ruark said use enough gun, 1 reason the 9.3 x 62mm is poplar for Boar. Gar.

I've killed Texas hogs with my .44 Mag using Nosler 240 grain softpoints and Hornady 240 grain XTP's at 1750 ft/sec. But my preferred hog killer is a .303 Enfield with a 180 grain Remington Cor-Lokt roundnose. Bring enough gun, hogs will surprise you sometimes. They can be tough.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.