Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Americans turn to 2nd A for protection from radical left

2K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  Cowboy23* 
#1 ·
Well, you won't see this on CNN or WAPO, just the opposite spreading division and hatred.

Something tells me the amount of first time buyers is telling us Trump will win in NOV. A lot of Americans aren't buying what liberal politicos and media are pushing. They're waking up and arming up.

Jack

Americans turn to 2nd Amendment for protection from radical left | One America News Network

UPDATED 12:00 PM PT — Thursday, July 30, 2020

With radical left-wing terrorists taking to the streets in cities across the country, many Americans have been forced to defend themselves. As One America’s Pearson Sharp explains, that means our Second Amendment rights are more important than ever before.

#2 ·
I sure hope you're right about Nov Jack! Sure hope that many of the first time buyers take their head outta their rectum and realize that a vote for Joe, is a vote to take our rights (self protection among others) away...plain and simple!

#6 ·
. . . As long as politicians occupy D.C. we will never be allowed to freely own firearms, as they see them as anathema to their existence.
R/Griff
I agree. But, will it change? Or maybe a better question, can it change (are people willing to pay the price for change)?

#4 ·
Didn't save my ancestors home on Jefferson Island as it's called now! Union army that rolled thru in 1863 burned his home and stole all of his livestock! Handed him a piece of paper claiming he will be paid for what was taken! Never happen! The courts refused his claim! it's on record!
Looks like were fighting the same government!

ca'jun56

#7 ·
I look at the Democrat Party as the enemy of our country. They are communist plain and simple. The US military taught use to fight communist. The US Military takes the oath to protect against enemies both foreign and domestic. I can’t get through my head how Communist that promise to take away our constitution in public are not fair game to be shot on sight. I’m dead serious in this. The only thing that saves Commies in this country is hiding behind the constitution they seek to destroy. It’s like a kids game, they get protection of Constitution until they can destroy it and force their will on you because they are know the only one with the guns they don’t want you to have. I have no reservations about killing communist, they are the scum of the earth. In the last century they murdered more people than the World Wars. They murder millions of their own people everyday. Yet this country allows these pukes protection under the Constitution. This has been made possible by the Liberal Leftists in our govt and courts. If Republican Party gets majority in Congress and Trump gets POTUS, the main thrust should be to put Communism out of business through legislation.

#25 ·
Drm50--Nobody knows this better than American citizens who's ancestors escaped Communism seeking asylum in the U.S.A. Many barely got out with their lives. You don't see the media interviewing any who know what it is like to live under Communism. I personally know Korean and a Vietnamese who are really appalled at what they see happening here and even they wonder how Americans are not appreciative of all the freedom they have here.

#8 ·
For those who want to see past the erroneous pap they teach in public schools about Lincoln and the Civil War, you can find the full text of all seven of the Lincoln-Douglas debates online.
These are highly instructive to read, because they reveal the real mindset of the day, and the steps that led up to the Civil War.

#9 ·
There is a pretty active discussion about this on a PNW based forum I am a member of.

After much discussion which included several members who are FFLs and a sub thread which which asked the question 'Who has helped out a new gun owner lately' the general consensus was a larger % of the new buyers had bought out of panic with little to no interest beyond their one and only purchase.

Several responses from those about helping out new owners resulted in describing them as not being receptive to any help, not willing to seek any help on their own, displaying little to no handling safety and other issues.

In fairness a few have reported SOME new owners showing interest however it was described as superficial with nothing more beyond the basics.

In conclusion those who responded believed most new owners bought out of nothing more than panic and emotion with the 2A not a part of their thinking or consideration and nothing that will change any of their political proclivities.

#11 ·
Unfortunately that was/is my perception as well.
As it was mine early on as well when the 'new gun owner' numbers first started to rise.

A lot however 'jumped to conclusion' and saw this as positive and immediately saw them as 'new' 2A supporters.

I however was not so sure and maintained my skeptical position and posted that buying a gun does not require a 'pledge of allegiance' to the 2A'.

It didn't take long for attitudes to change as the new owners piled up and displayed their 'real' reasons for buying a gun, through direct observation or interaction with experienced gun owners.

#12 ·
i do not need a governments permission to enact my God given RIGHT! to bear arms or defend myself! if you folks feel that way then you are just the ones the commies on the left are looking for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#13 ·
How many of the armed BLM and ANTIFA were 1st time buyers this year? I would say most of them. They are only dangerous to unarmed innocent citizens. It’s a shame these people that are trapped in the inner cities are left on their own by the sorry Democrats running things. The big cities were trashed by Liberal Left and they move out leaving the the race baiters in control. The mayors, DAs and Police Chiefs are activist in most cases and use their offices.

#14 · (Edited)
They are only dangerous to unarmed innocent citizens.
They have also proven to be dangerous to themselves as well given the many reports of extremely unsafe gun handling resulting in many NDs.

This unfortunately INCREASES the danger to unarmed innocent citizens as well.

How many of the armed BLM and ANTIFA were 1st time buyers this year? I would say most of them.
And how many of them are illegal gun owners as well?

I'd say a two digit percentage of some numerical value.

#16 ·
I'm sure many of the new gun buyers are a one purchase only and definitely out of panic for their safety, as reported in local CA news.

Although, I wouldn't say the majority of these new gun owners aren't interested in 2nd A rights. A good percentage of these new gun buyers, I suspect moderates, are quite interested as they discussed the 2nd A rights with gun store owners regarding the many restrictive gun control laws CA has, which they demonstrated displeasure with.

Due to this, I suspect a percentage will become responsible gun owners, as well as join the NRA or GOA, etc. If not, they will learn the hard way as liberal anti-gun legislators continue passing additional gun control that will threaten their freedoms and liberties.

I do know a large percentage are applying for their CCW which CA mandates 8+ hours of gun safety, law, and demonstrating safe firearm use at a range prior getting a permit.

Many are taking gun safety courses without going for their CCW. Not all are irresponsible.

Jack

#17 · (Edited)
I stated before, and still maintain my position, that we have gained much in support/advocacy for the 2A. My position comes as direct information relayed to me by the firearms training organizations I have business relationships with.
The common thread is that these first time owners were not aware.................they simply never paid attention to the issues ..............they are now.

#38 · (Edited)
John,

Spot on. A firearms safety trainer that applied his trade at the Angeles Shooting Range that had retired and moved to Arizona was back in town a few week. More paying customers than the Club had instructors for. And they have a load of instructors.

He was in his motor home at the camp ground hookups for over a week because there was such a backlog of individuals that were waiting for the training. The local trainers could not keep up with the demand!

Good for him and all he helped.

PS, one other observation of the training classes. Lot's of women wanting to learn how to be safe and defend agains evil these days.

#18 ·
Some of those first time gun buyers don't have a clue. Case in point, the grown daughter of a friend borrowed a pistol from one of her friends (he finally just gave it to her) with one mag of ammo. That's it, 15 bullets in one mag. When I offerd to pick some up for her (while the stores still had ammo), she said no, my gun is already full, and I am not like you with 2 or 3 boxes of ammo in my house. I didn't feel the need to correct her assumed ammo numbers of my inventory. I'm not making this up. :ROFLMAO:
So I ended the offer with, "okay, when you run out, just throw the pistol at them".

#19 ·
So what the media did not report about the situation that happened: The armed crowd broke down gates protecting a private road. That information was left out of all reports. They made it look as though peaceful protesters were marching down a public road and not doing anything wrong.

#20 ·
The local gun store shelves are certainly devoid of anything that produces tolerable recoil. If you like .44 magnum and up, they are waiting for you. Not sure that sales can be exactly tied to 2A support, but it makes a good headline just the same.

New gun owner story: After the past church shootings, a coworker (retired mil) and a few fellow church members (LE) decided they would arm and train the flock. Hand guns and ammunition were purchased, concealed carry permits applied for, and a training day scheduled on some church property.

Suffice it to say the training did not produce the desired results. My coworker and his fellow sponsors of this effort were shocked at the ineptitude to the point training became more about preservation of life/limb, and they now regret that some of thier "trainees" carry daily, and they don't like to discuss it. Oops.

#21 · (Edited)
Suffice it to say the training did not produce the desired results. My coworker and his fellow sponsors of this effort were shocked at the ineptitude to the point training became more about preservation of life/limb, and they now regret that some of thier "trainees" carry daily, and they don't like to discuss it. Oops.
Yes, according to Maslow's law of Hierarchy of Needs, self-preservation (safety/security) will take a high priority.
As for responsible new gun owners, I was surprised and pleased when my daughter (early twenties) took an interest in firearms. It seemed to stem from her going to a different state to continue her education. My philosophy, I have not tried to force the use of firearms, just the awareness (firearms are not a toy, treat them with respect). If a person is fearful, a firearm does no good. Anyway, I had her to read about safe use of firearms and the four basic steps (steady position, aim, breathing, squeeze trigger). Then, we went to the range with a .357 and a box of .38. My goal was to just get her comfortable firing a firearm. So, she shot until her hand got sore. Before we left, she was hitting center mass.

Now, it is up to her to decide if and when the use of a firearm is for her. I am just pleased that she thought enough to want to learn how to use one safely.

#23 ·
When they do away with police depts, who are you going to call?
Well, if all goes the way Seattle wants you will call the 'community-led” safety prevention program'.

They can't even use the correct words.

'Safety prevention' ? They want to PREVENT safety?

I would think they would want to PROMOTE safety.

#26 ·
All you gonna get if you call is Antifa and BLM at your doorstep saying that you get no protection unless you give up all your guns, ammo, and food. BTW they will be wearing a vest that says "Community-Led officer" on the front and "Antifa" or "BLM" on the back.

#27 ·
It doesn't matter if a Dem, a New-Age leftover, an SJW, a manbun, or a feelgood Lib buys a firearm. They're not your bro, they never will be, and they will continue to vote Democrat. They look down on you as a lesser human. Remember that.
I'm second generation born here, and pretty darn proud of it.

#37 ·
100% Correct unfortunately. The number of gun sales will not directly correlate to an equal amount of 2nd Amendment support. The dedicated Democrat voter will still vote Democrat. What I'm hoping for is more pressure from within their party and some outspoken Democrats on the local and state level that will let their overlord rulers setting in Democrat controlled safe districts know that they can get replaced by someone that doesn't wear knee pads supplied by Bloomberg!

There should be no Tin Horn DA who is a political activist able to use his office to force his agenda.
The prosecutorial discretion has to be taken out of these people’s hands. This goes beyond cases concerning guns and self defense. It is across the board attack by Liberal DAs on any cases that have political overtones. It may be so simple as a case involving a conservative in civil proceedings.
Soros has funded Liberal DAs all across the country. People have to wake up to what’s going on. The Liberal Left is buying out the politics in this country. The unrest in the streets is a distraction from what they are quietly doing. They are funding state, county and local Liberals. There is crazy amounts of money funneled into local elections. When you look at them there is no way they are funded for pay offs or kick backs. They are funded just for the power they can project into local politics.

The funding of politics has gotten out of hand in this country. It is more powerful than the individuals vote. Let’s not kid ourselves it’s the dollar that votes. At one time the dollar was tied to the voters. Not any more. You have mega rich buying us out. They may even be foreign or enemy but their money is trying to over ride the will of the people. Money needs to be shut down completely. It’s the only way. All the fancy dodges politicians have come up with to dodge campaign finance have to be canceled. Right now the Govt is full of corruption in Depts and Agencies that should be protecting the voters. The bad actors need exposed and run out of govt. Something has got to give. The 2020 election means nothing if we can’t get the country back on track to be governed by the people and for the people.

The Founders built in remedies for almost anything that could come up. What they did not allow for was a population that would allow the level of corruption that exist today. We have criminals holding seats in House and Senate. If their crimes had been run through the justice system the rest of us are under they would be in prison. The problem with our politics is the main players have no real politics.
They will do anything to get the power. People like HRC, Pelosi, Mitt Romney, Kasich ect will say anything to get power. All politicians do this to some degree but some actually do have political agendas. It makes me sick to watch congressional investigations and hearings. You see people that get crucified by people who should be in jail for real crimes. We need oversight on those suppose to provide oversight.
You hit the nail on the head again sir!!!!!!!!

Years ago, local Democrats here in Virginia were pro-gun until outside money and the DNC jackboots started running things on the local level.

My solution would be a sentence of 20 years minimum to life in prison, for bribing a public official as individual or as a board member of a company along with a temporary grace period and full pardon for anyone that comes forward immediately and confesses with proof!

Our founding fathers limited the electorate thus avoiding the pitfalls of a stupid and easily misled populace voting like a mob ruled straight democracy.

#28 ·
Local news ran a report on the record gun sales just the other day. However, they immediately followed it with a report on increased gun violence across the country. Obviously, they intended to imply that increased sales led to the increased violence. Just another attempt to sway public opinion about gun owners. They are so transparent.

#29 ·
You mean they are so "Looney Low and Dirty" ----Can you hear their theme song playing: "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" !

Reactions: kybeagle
#32 ·
Wow--that puts guns and ammo high on the list !

#34 ·
Just how is that going to be a deterrent to rising crime ?? Sounds like a Looney ideas destined to have Looney results !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.