Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you won't see this on CNN or WAPO, just the opposite spreading division and hatred.

Something tells me the amount of first time buyers is telling us Trump will win in NOV. A lot of Americans aren't buying what liberal politicos and media are pushing. They're waking up and arming up.

Jack

Americans turn to 2nd Amendment for protection from radical left | One America News Network

UPDATED 12:00 PM PT — Thursday, July 30, 2020

With radical left-wing terrorists taking to the streets in cities across the country, many Americans have been forced to defend themselves. As One America’s Pearson Sharp explains, that means our Second Amendment rights are more important than ever before.

·
Registered
19,567 Posts
I sure hope you're right about Nov Jack! Sure hope that many of the first time buyers take their head outta their rectum and realize that a vote for Joe, is a vote to take our rights (self protection among others) away...plain and simple!

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
You know the country’s in trouble when even its hypocrites bear arms. The 2A didn’t save the South from a Northern invasion. As long as politicians occupy D.C. we will never be allowed to freely own firearms, as they see them as anathema to their existence.
R/Griff

·
Registered
29,129 Posts
Didn't save my ancestors home on Jefferson Island as it's called now! Union army that rolled thru in 1863 burned his home and stole all of his livestock! Handed him a piece of paper claiming he will be paid for what was taken! Never happen! The courts refused his claim! it's on record!
Looks like were fighting the same government!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
912 Posts
. . . As long as politicians occupy D.C. we will never be allowed to freely own firearms, as they see them as anathema to their existence.
R/Griff
I agree. But, will it change? Or maybe a better question, can it change (are people willing to pay the price for change)?

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I look at the Democrat Party as the enemy of our country. They are communist plain and simple. The US military taught use to fight communist. The US Military takes the oath to protect against enemies both foreign and domestic. I can’t get through my head how Communist that promise to take away our constitution in public are not fair game to be shot on sight. I’m dead serious in this. The only thing that saves Commies in this country is hiding behind the constitution they seek to destroy. It’s like a kids game, they get protection of Constitution until they can destroy it and force their will on you because they are know the only one with the guns they don’t want you to have. I have no reservations about killing communist, they are the scum of the earth. In the last century they murdered more people than the World Wars. They murder millions of their own people everyday. Yet this country allows these pukes protection under the Constitution. This has been made possible by the Liberal Leftists in our govt and courts. If Republican Party gets majority in Congress and Trump gets POTUS, the main thrust should be to put Communism out of business through legislation.

·
Registered
698 Posts
For those who want to see past the erroneous pap they teach in public schools about Lincoln and the Civil War, you can find the full text of all seven of the Lincoln-Douglas debates online.
These are highly instructive to read, because they reveal the real mindset of the day, and the steps that led up to the Civil War.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There is a pretty active discussion about this on a PNW based forum I am a member of.

After much discussion which included several members who are FFLs and a sub thread which which asked the question 'Who has helped out a new gun owner lately' the general consensus was a larger % of the new buyers had bought out of panic with little to no interest beyond their one and only purchase.

Several responses from those about helping out new owners resulted in describing them as not being receptive to any help, not willing to seek any help on their own, displaying little to no handling safety and other issues.

In fairness a few have reported SOME new owners showing interest however it was described as superficial with nothing more beyond the basics.

In conclusion those who responded believed most new owners bought out of nothing more than panic and emotion with the 2A not a part of their thinking or consideration and nothing that will change any of their political proclivities.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
There is a pretty active discussion about this on a PNW based forum I am a member of.

After much discussion which included several members who are FFLs and a sub thread which which asked the question 'Who has helped out a new gun owner lately' the general consensus was a larger % of the new buyers had bought out of panic with little to no interest beyond their one and only purchase.

Several responses from those about helping out new owners resulted in describing them as not being receptive to any help, not willing to seek any help on their own, displaying little to no handling safety and other issues.

In fairness a few have reported SOME new owners showing interest however it was described as superficial with nothing more beyond the basics.

In conclusion those who responded believed most new owners bought out of nothing more than panic and emotion with the 2A not a part of their thinking or consideration and nothing that will change any of their political proclivities.
Unfortunately that was/is my perception as well. Do as I say not as I do, the Limousine Liberal Doctrine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unfortunately that was/is my perception as well.
As it was mine early on as well when the 'new gun owner' numbers first started to rise.

A lot however 'jumped to conclusion' and saw this as positive and immediately saw them as 'new' 2A supporters.

I however was not so sure and maintained my skeptical position and posted that buying a gun does not require a 'pledge of allegiance' to the 2A'.

It didn't take long for attitudes to change as the new owners piled up and displayed their 'real' reasons for buying a gun, through direct observation or interaction with experienced gun owners.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
i do not need a governments permission to enact my God given RIGHT! to bear arms or defend myself! if you folks feel that way then you are just the ones the commies on the left are looking for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
How many of the armed BLM and ANTIFA were 1st time buyers this year? I would say most of them. They are only dangerous to unarmed innocent citizens. It’s a shame these people that are trapped in the inner cities are left on their own by the sorry Democrats running things. The big cities were trashed by Liberal Left and they move out leaving the the race baiters in control. The mayors, DAs and Police Chiefs are activist in most cases and use their offices.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They are only dangerous to unarmed innocent citizens.
They have also proven to be dangerous to themselves as well given the many reports of extremely unsafe gun handling resulting in many NDs.

This unfortunately INCREASES the danger to unarmed innocent citizens as well.

How many of the armed BLM and ANTIFA were 1st time buyers this year? I would say most of them.
And how many of them are illegal gun owners as well?

I'd say a two digit percentage of some numerical value.

·
Registered
912 Posts
. . . In conclusion those who responded believed most new owners bought out of nothing more than panic and emotion with the 2A not a part of their thinking or consideration and nothing that will change any of their political proclivities.
I can agree. Maybe, this will change.

·
Super Moderator
26,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure many of the new gun buyers are a one purchase only and definitely out of panic for their safety, as reported in local CA news.

Although, I wouldn't say the majority of these new gun owners aren't interested in 2nd A rights. A good percentage of these new gun buyers, I suspect moderates, are quite interested as they discussed the 2nd A rights with gun store owners regarding the many restrictive gun control laws CA has, which they demonstrated displeasure with.

Due to this, I suspect a percentage will become responsible gun owners, as well as join the NRA or GOA, etc. If not, they will learn the hard way as liberal anti-gun legislators continue passing additional gun control that will threaten their freedoms and liberties.

I do know a large percentage are applying for their CCW which CA mandates 8+ hours of gun safety, law, and demonstrating safe firearm use at a range prior getting a permit.

Many are taking gun safety courses without going for their CCW. Not all are irresponsible.

Jack

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
I stated before, and still maintain my position, that we have gained much in support/advocacy for the 2A. My position comes as direct information relayed to me by the firearms training organizations I have business relationships with.
The common thread is that these first time owners were not aware.................they simply never paid attention to the issues ..............they are now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some of those first time gun buyers don't have a clue. Case in point, the grown daughter of a friend borrowed a pistol from one of her friends (he finally just gave it to her) with one mag of ammo. That's it, 15 bullets in one mag. When I offerd to pick some up for her (while the stores still had ammo), she said no, my gun is already full, and I am not like you with 2 or 3 boxes of ammo in my house. I didn't feel the need to correct her assumed ammo numbers of my inventory. I'm not making this up. :ROFLMAO:
So I ended the offer with, "okay, when you run out, just throw the pistol at them".

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
So what the media did not report about the situation that happened: The armed crowd broke down gates protecting a private road. That information was left out of all reports. They made it look as though peaceful protesters were marching down a public road and not doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
The local gun store shelves are certainly devoid of anything that produces tolerable recoil. If you like .44 magnum and up, they are waiting for you. Not sure that sales can be exactly tied to 2A support, but it makes a good headline just the same.

New gun owner story: After the past church shootings, a coworker (retired mil) and a few fellow church members (LE) decided they would arm and train the flock. Hand guns and ammunition were purchased, concealed carry permits applied for, and a training day scheduled on some church property.

Suffice it to say the training did not produce the desired results. My coworker and his fellow sponsors of this effort were shocked at the ineptitude to the point training became more about preservation of life/limb, and they now regret that some of thier "trainees" carry daily, and they don't like to discuss it. Oops.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts