Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a short bit on the Outdoor channel that featured the Marlin 336. They talked about some of the history and then had a guy talking about his favorite cartridge for the 336 which was the .35 rem. Then he shot a few cinder blocks and that was it but it was still cool to see marlins on TV.

This is only the about the second time I have seen marlins on any of the hunting channels that was acctually talked about (other then the cowboy aciton shooters). The first time was years ago, had some lady shoot a moose with a 45-70 GG. Why doesnt Marlin advertise a little more? I have seen th

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I saw it. I was glad to see Marlin get some face time, the fact that the .35 was briefly discussed was most interesting. The discussion began with the old reliable 30 WCF.

Wasn't it the 30-30 he was shooting blocks with?

SS

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was the .35 because that is the gun that he said he prefered and he had a box of .35 ammo there and no .30-30 but who knows for sure. It was still cool to see.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
You may be right, I just thought the ejected hulls looked like 30-30 cases. If he said he didn't have 30-30 ammo, guess that says it all.

I did notice that he had the 150 gr slugs. The 200 grs would have done a lot more damage to the blocks.

SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts