Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I Can Say Is "YESSSSSSS!!!!!" My New 1972 Zane Grey .30-30

OK, TOMRAY. Hold on to your hat cause you made me do it!

Ladies and Gentlemen of MO - - Here Starteth The GB45 NON-STAINLESS RIFLE COLLECTION.

Received the 1972 Marlin Zane Grey .30-30 that was on GB. The seller has since joined MO after some discussions we had during and after the deal was completed - you remember - I used the BUY NOW button cause too many people were looking at HER or is it a HE???? Do you call a commemorative rifle named after a man a HE or a SHE?

Jim packed "IT" up in an old plaid gun bag then packed "IT" up really good in a good shipping box. Went to my local gun shop and did the paperwork then I unzipped the bag and after just staring at it for a few minutes I said, "YESSSSSSSSS"

First of all I have to say this gun probably has never been fired - except at the plant. I would say "IT" is 99.999% pure since after wiping off the metal with good gun oil and wiping off the stocks with some TRU-OIL WAX I can not find a spot or blemish on any part of "IT". I hope to get it out to the range on Friday and will post target pictures as soon as I do.

So now I will just let you look and droooooooool!

When the rifle was first put up on GB there was a lot of speculation about the stock. Well let me tell you the finish is clean and has absolutely no gaps or cracks in it. The colors are just as Jim described on GB - the grain and colors are just as you see them here - and if anything even more striking in person than in the pictures just as Jim described in the GB ad.

I would personally like to thank all of you who thought about bidding but did not. I don't say this as a "NA NA NA NI NAH NAHHH" but just a real thank you for helping me start off my NON-STAINLESS COLLECTION in the purest way.

GB45

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Re: All I Can Say Is "YESSSSSSS!!!!!" My New 1972 Zane Grey .30-30

Very niceeeeeeeee. Once you play with a blued Marlin you won't want to go back to that SS (stainless stuff). ;D

Very purty indeed.........

·
Registered
603 Posts

Man that thing is SWEEET!! I love the grain pattern on it.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts

+ 1 a nice gun indeedie ;D

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts

What? You couldn't find one in stainless? ;D

Nice addition to your collection. Congrats!!

·
Registered
9,455 Posts

GB45,
Very nice! I have ZG envy. The only truble with finding a gun that nice is, you'll never find another to mach it. And you'll just have to go back to that stainless stuff. ;D
Terry

·
Registered
791 Posts

Very nice, I saw one at the gun show last Saturday, but it wasn't as nice as yours. It was marked 625.00.
Enjoy yours. Let us know how it shoots.
Dave

·
Registered
553 Posts

WOW! Nice, glad your happy. You don't know how close I came to owning that rifle. My wife even told me to hit the buy it now button at 700am that morning. She even called me at lunch and ask if I bought it I said no and she said I was messing up! Well congrats and enjoy shooting it.
Scott

·
Registered
137 Posts

Congrats! That is a serious find, with extraordinary wood.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts

:eek: Purty Rifle!! You did good!! 8)

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts

Wow...gonna be hard to beat that wood on your next one.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Sweet. You will have to look a long time to find the next one that is that nice. Color me green with envy.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Congratulations on a great buy. Just so's ya don't feel bad when it happens, I volunteer to use it till it gets the first scratch. Don't want ya to beat yerself up over puttin the first one on, just tryin' to be a buddy to ya. ;) ;D DP

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts

Congratulations on a great collection start, GB. Wonderful gun.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Gracias Compadre,

Yo soy Español también. Yo nací en Tampa, Florida. pero mi abuelos nací en Cordoba y Valencia, España.

GB45

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts

GB45,

That looks even better than I thought!........A ZG in any condition is a great peoject gun, but that one looks to be factory new.

You can continue to place the blame on moe, I won't complain..........You may have snatched that up just in time.........................I'm bringing a home a new "Gun Cabinet" tonight !....... ;D ;D ;D

Oh, there are a few rules about owning a rifle with an Octogon barrel...................NO Scopes, and NO Slings.....should ever grace that rifle!.... :mad:

Nice Rifle, Ralph.............You'll grow to really love it.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Tomray said:
Oh, there are a few rules about owning a rifle with an Octogon barrel...................NO Scopes, and NO Slings.....should ever grace that rifle!.... :mad:
Tom
Understand the RULES - but what do you do for the OLD EYES SYNDROME? That tiny bead on the front sight is tough to see in the rear V Groove.

Any suggestions from THE TEAM? Do they make peeps with lenses?

GB45

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts

Golfbuddy45 said:
Understand the RULES - but what do you do for the OLD EYES SYNDROME? That tiny bead on the front sight is tough to see in the rear V Groove.

Any suggestions from THE TEAM? Do they make peeps with lenses?

GB45
Aw, Jeez, Ralph.......................There you go, wantin' special privilages with your new Baby!..........

Receiver sights will work similar to the little stick-on reticles that some Bullseye Shooters use on their glasses..........and you can change the aperture sizes too..........

But, I guess if you really want a scope........ ::) ::).............well, OK..............BUT NO SEE THRU's!......... ;D

Tom ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

Very nice!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts