·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks, just placed an order

Reactions: TRAILS-END

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I have 1000 Starline cases and may get more.... my question would be why not 500 :biggrin:

Doc

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
i agree with doc why NOT 500! i went to the range sunday and in 1/2 an hour put 40 reloads downrange, would have been more but i didn't have anymore to shoot! i have put 100 rounds through my rifle in a couple hours of plinking before. and... you never know when you might need a large block of ammo.... i live on the edge of detroit!:hmmmm::viking:lol

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Ya never know when a stampeeding buffalo herd will come at ya!!! I like to be well armed, LOL

Doc

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Gater, I havent been down your way since I was 16 years old.... I sure would love to come back by that way one day, I always liked the swamps out there.

Doc

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Hey Doc, I'd like to get 1,000 rounds of Starline bras for my shoulder cannon, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping. I live about five miles from the Starline plant here in Sedalia, Mo. Just can't afford the cost right this minute, doctor bills, meds, air conditioner bills, you know, the usual stuff us ''more experienced folks'' have to put up with. Y'all take care, John.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
That would be nice to live real close to Starline.... need some cases, walk over

Doc

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
If you have to ask why anyone would need 500 cases you have never been through a brass drought, i have for many different calibers and you learn real quick that when some become available you better be prepared to buy ASAP or you will be SOL. eh

·
Registered
579 Posts
"what in the world would you need 500 cases for??"
.................................................................................for a long, long time - it's starline!

actually, i just got 250 starline cases in 475 linebaugh - i can't believe the quality! - i took out my calipers and measured 25 for oal - each one was dead on 1.395" and then i pulled another 25 to check for primer pocket depth and uniformity - i used a forster large rifle uniformer and only barely touched the pockets - on top of exact depth, they were all exact diameter, with primers all seating with the same pressure.

i've bought starline before in 44mag, 45colt and 50-90 - i wish the rest of the industry was as precise and consistent!

if i wasn't sitting on my own pile of winchester 45-70 brass.....

·
Banned
303 Posts
Mine ought to be in from Starline on Thursday. That's great, because now I can have some 45-70 cases to trim down to 45-60 to feed my '76. It doesn't shoot as well as my 1895CB, but it is much easier on the shoulder, and it's good enough for minute of buffalo shots.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.