Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Pls understand that this was brought to my attention on another forum I am a member of, and it is third hand info from the link supplied below. I have zero first hand info regarding this incident!

Remanufactured ammo is suspected. (URL corrected)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...paign=Feed:+TheFirearmBlog+(The+Firearm+Blog)

It pertains to USA Ammo and 223/5.56 ammo, but if you read through the entire blog thread it insinuates that the powder mentioned could have been used across more than one caliber.

A synopsis - AR rifle gave up the ghost. USA Ammo 223/5.56 ammo. Sounds like it was reman'd ammo from USA using LC brass. Lot of posts get off on a tangent about "used brass" and reload. But IMO doesn't sound like any brass would have mattered. According to the originator of the blog entry, the USA CEO admits that they may have received suspect powder that could create high pressure, but went ahead and loaded/sold ammo utilizing that powder. Also, nothing says that it was limited to the 223/5.56 caliber. Specific ammo lot # for the 223/5.56 ammo IS listed in the blog thread. No recall is mentioned.

Just wanted to pass this along. Use your own judgement.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm seeing in the past few years quite a few instances of ammo recalls... not a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie98 said:
Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm seeing in the past few years quite a few instances of ammo recalls... not a good thing.
I have noticed what I consider more than the norm from Remington lately. See 2-3 in every Am Rifleman mag... Other companies too...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Funny, the more expensive ammo gets, the poorer quality it seems to be...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts