Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,079 Posts
Well bois, I lived in Louisiana a long time now displaced. You can take me outa Louisiana but you can never take the Tigahs outa me.
GEAUX TIGAHS and coach O. "We Commin"
Kin in Texas, kin in Alabama. I was born there in fact since my dad (from Paris Texas) was stationed at Montgomery and met my mom there.
Lived in Bossier City Looziana until I graduated HS.
So I have some divided loyalties fer sure. But I reckon the Tide will always be my college team.
Besides, who else is gonna whip Notre Dame's butt?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
There are 5 quality teams in The SEC. LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn. Everyone else is junk
Well, that's 4 more quality teams than the ACC, 2 more than Big 12, 4 more than Big 10, and 5 more than PAC-10.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Kin in Texas, kin in Alabama. I was born there in fact since my dad (from Paris Texas) was stationed at Montgomery and met my mom there.
Lived in Bossier City Looziana until I graduated HS.
So I have some divided loyalties fer sure. But I reckon the Tide will always be my college team.
Besides, who else is gonna whip Notre Dame's butt?
Lots of teams.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Well, that's 4 more quality teams than the ACC, 2 more than Big 12, 4 more than Big 10, and 5 more than PAC-10.
Big 10 will go head to head with SEC anyday. SEC is overrated

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Unfortunately, their only "good" win so far is against Wisconsin. Cincinnati doesn't count.

If LSU's season plays out the rest of the way like it should, they'll have beaten Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and Texas A&M, plus University of Texas.
And Cincinnati doesn't count because?....it makes Ohio State looks good? I'm no Ohio State fan but they are complete with probably the best player in the country

·
Super Moderator
11,079 Posts
Lots of teams.
Not to mention lived in Bradenton, FL for over 10 years.
Gators and FSU Seminoles are fun teams to watch and are consistently in the top.
Yep - the South has some good college football.
Good thing since I won't watch the NFL over pampered, social activists making millions.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Not sure how you reach that - SEC has produced 5 different national champs (11 total) in the last 21 years (BCS + CFP era). Bama has won 5 of them, but LSU and Florida have both done it twice.

Cincy doesn't count, and I think you know perfectly well why. The AAC is even weaker than the ACC. They'd be in the bottom half of the Big 10 or the SEC. I'm not even convinced they'd be competitive in the ACC or the PAC-12.

The Cincy game doesn't count for the same reason the Fiesta Bowl between UCF and LSU was a joke last year. LSU won because they have depth - they were missing 8 starters from their defense and still won. The only place the game was close was the score. LSU beat them up and down the field for 60 minutes.

OSU wins consistently because they have 50 or 60 guys every year who could probably play anywhere. It's the same with the top 5-7 teams from the SEC - they all have 50-60 kids who are ready to get out there and play. That's what it takes to win, and that's why an SEC team wins the natty about every other year for the last 2 decades.

And the whole reason we even have a CFP is because of the LSU-Bama championship game in 2012.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You better call The Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, The College Football Almanac, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox Sports, and any complete list of sportswriters and fans across American as everyone of them acknowledges that the SEC is, and has been, the dominant conference in college football for the past 25 years. But hey, you know more than them so good on ya'.

Reactions: Pereira

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Maybe because the sec over recruits. Dumps scholarships if not playing well. In a hotbed of talent. Has way more national presence because of crooked espn. I could go on forever but the sec is the most corrupt of the corrupt ncaa. But I actually do like LSU. Just something about Les Miles that was intriguing to watch. Just glad Alabama lost and won't be in the national championship.

A couple years ago when Alabama got in when LSU won the SEC and LSU beat Alabama in the regular season ruined college football for me. A potential national champion in my eyes has to win their conference. When Nebraska got in in 2001 when not winning their conference it really disgusted me. Just takes away the importance of the regular season. Now cupcakes are played for the big boys usually

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Not jealous. Just sick of the corruption of college football. And the SEC is at the top of the heap
Don't know anything about the corruption, but it's everywhere these days.
And I don't watch much of any fooseball:rofl::rofl:,but
the SEC has some of the toughest teams out there.
Don't believe it, well bring your team down here and they will show you as they say in Missouri.

Go Trump.

RP

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Was there a game on? Baseball, football, hockey, soccer? I was deer hunting. I didn't see anything but my buddy did down a very nice 10 pointer. It was a great day to be out in the woods.....
Picture?
Jay, I was hunting too.:five:
FoosBall :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ain't y'all got anything better to do??

RP

·
Super Moderator
23,789 Posts
Picture?
Jay, I was hunting too.:five:
FoosBall :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ain't y'all got anything better to do??

RP
I finally got a few pics last night from my buddy. I will post them later today after I get done with my morning hunt.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts