Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am about shopping for the Aimpoint Micro for my 1895GS, 45-70Gov.
-How would you suggest that I attach the Aimpoint Micro to my Guide Gun??
-Does anyone of you use the Micro on a Guide Gun??

Best regards, Niclas

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't know of anyone using that particular Aimpoint, but a few guys use red-dot sights on their levers here, and Aimpoint has a great reputation for quality.

I went to Aimpoint's website, but couldn't see a view of the mounting system used, but they say it is a Picatinny rail. Most of the Weaver rail mounts for the Marlin do not have the cross slots in the locations necessary to mount the red-dot (and I am guessing here, because I can't see exactly how the sight is mounted).

XS Sight Systems sells a rail for the Marlins that MAY work. http://www.xssights.com/store/scope.html

Wild West Guns may make a Picatinny rail for the Marlin, I can't open their website right now, you can post to the Industry Partners WWG section and ask them.

If worst comes to worst you could have a universal Picatinny rail fitted to your receiver, since the Marlin has a flat receiver top, it shouldn't be too tough.
Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Niclas.
I just mounted the Aimpoint Micro H1 on my guide gun and I use a XS Lever Scout mount.
As long as the rail you are using is of a weaver type it should fit.

Hopefully it should be sighted in this week, I'll let you know how well it performs.

Tiny little thing, eh?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
Thank you for your answers.
Does XS Lever Scout mount come in stainless steel?
I guess the Picatinny rail is the most used mountingbase on the marlin..

Looks nice on top of your gun Eastford!
Should I buy the black version or the silver for my 1895 GS (staniless gun)? ::)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Aimpoint sights are the best of the current breed of red dot sights. They are tough as nails and have a battery life measured in years, not hours. I don't have experience with them on my Guide Gun but I do have a Comp M3 on my Noveske N4 (civilian M4). I use it on duty and trust my life to it.
As far as mounts go noone makes a finer mount than Larue Tactical. http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/StoreFront.bok
They are simple, VERY rugged and repeatable. I have taked my M3 off of my rifle several times and the Larue mount puts it right back where it needs to be every time. No loss of zero.
Heck, if you want a little magnification to go with your Aimpoint you can get one of the 3X magnifiers in a pivoting mount. If you just want to try the concept check out Larue's Poboy special. I have one and it works like a charm!

I used a T-1 in a Larue mount in some recent training and would HIGHLY recommend that sight to anyone wanting a reddot. I love my CompM3 but that T-1 is so tiny that virtually all you see in your sight picture is the dot. When I buy another Aimpoint it will be a T-1, probably in a Larue mount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was considering the T-1 when I bought my H-1, but I couldn't quite justify the additional cost of $60 over the H-1 when the only major difference was that the T-1 is NVD compatible and uses Picatinny style rail. Considering that I don't use any NVD's and that the H-1 fits on the weaver style rail I already had made me settled for the H-1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are as tough as they come as well. I watched a few weeks ago as an instructor turned his M4 carbine upside down and dropped the rifle on the ground from shoulder height. (On purpose-he gets paid to use, abuse and provide feedback) No damage to the Aimpoint. He recounted a story from a few months back when a fellow instructor took his T-1 off of his rifle, threw it down on the macadam and proceeded to play kickball with it for 10 minutes. The finish was damaged but the sight continued to work and returned to zero.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.