Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare XL and I just noticed the Dakota walnut is now available for backorders. I really don't want to spend the money but I have some kind of addiction. My addiction isn't drugs or alcohol; but rather it's buying guns and accessories that I don't need. I really want another Forest camo in the classic or Dakota series but they say they aren't going to make them. What to do? Should I order the walnut or wait and see if the Forest camo comes out later?? Ohhh the misery of being gun rich & money poor! Heelllllllppppp??

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it ;D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarlinXL7 said:
Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it ;D
I know MarlinXL, I'll buy it and give it to you when the Forest camo comes out, LOL! ;D I don't want to spend the money but the more I think about it,ahhhh. :-X

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
grout-scout said:
I know MarlinXL, I'll buy it and give it to you when the Forest camo comes out, LOL! ;D I don't want to spend the money but the more I think about it,ahhhh. :-X
I try my best to be helpful. ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I find it odd that the walnut is $22 more than the laminates in the Dakota model, but in the Classic model the walnut is the same price as the laminates?

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Grout: You know that asking us to talk you out of it, is like going to bar and asking people to talk you out of chugging a beer. ;) Just do it!!!!!!!!

Xlr8n said:
I find it odd that the walnut is $22 more than the laminates in the Dakota model, but in the Classic model the walnut is the same price as the laminates?
The walnut is one solid piece of wood and it probably takes a slightly larger, read more expensive blank to make the Dakota from, thus the higher price. Probably a higher rejection rate on the walnut blanks due to internal defects in the wood blank that they don't find until they get it cut down to size. That would bump up production costs which in turn will increase final price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Xlr8n----I was wondering the same thing. Don't understand the price difference in one category of stocks when there is no difference in the other. I would think that the material and labor difference would remain the same within each category of stocks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
grout-scout said:
I'll give ya twenty for it when you're through with it... ;D

·
Registered
981 Posts
Here's an idea grout. Buy a Richard's Micro-Fit in the style you want and don't wait for Boyds. Someone here has to be the guinea pig for the rest of us. ;D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Work is sooo slow here and I really don't need this rifle and I already have two other X guns that have been modified to how I want them. But that being said I still find this constant need/want to go ahead and tinker with this 3rd rifle. You guys arent being much help at talking me out of this buy, by the way!! ;)
Hmmm Boyds says the stock is backordered for about 4 weeks, would they charge my cc now or wait until the stock is shipped. I'd really prefer to pay my cc off first before I order anything else. Has anybody else ordered the Dakota walnut for their XS? I'd like to know if there is much detail in the wood. And I read the thread on the gunsmith section about cutting checkering, that really has me wanting to try it. Ohh the drama continues! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts