Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have my SBL at Wild West Guns getting work done on it. Take Down, bead blasted fix the front sight... I want a scope on it as well, I am thinking the Leupold 1.75-6X32 for it but dont know how it would stand up to the kick of the 45-70 if I put some Garrett's or Buffalo Bore through it. Anyone have one and shoot hot loads?
I want to call him by tomorrow as say yes or no but im kind of stumped as to what scope i would want.

Thanks,
Doc

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Leupold has the best warranty and service in the business as far as I know--I'm 99.9999999% positive that if you put that luppy on your gun and ruined it they would replace it free of charge--call them direct--they'll tell you what it can handle.

Steve

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve,

I guess that will be my first call tomorrow, Damn this SBL is costing me a mint... for the price of the SBL and then the work at WWG with the scope I should have gotten the Take Down 50 Alaskan. ::)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Have a couple of shootin buddies that have had that same Leupold on a 1895SS and a 1895GS for a couple of years, I don't know if either has had any problems, don't know if they have fired any Buffalo Bore or Corbon but have put many fairly hot hand loads both cast and jacketed without a hitch! :) ;) :D

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
Thanks Steve,

I guess that will be my first call tomorrow, Damn this SBL is costing me a mint... for the price of the SBL and then the work at WWG with the scope I should have gotten the Take Down 50 Alaskan. ::)
Don't feel bad--we've all been there.

My grandpa told me this one, " So soon old--So late smart "--fits me to a T.

Steve

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is good to hear, I shoot the L.E.'s most of the time but when i go to Idaho or Alaska I want to carry something with a little more knockdown power and didnt want my scope to suffer any unnecessary damage. I am torn right now as WWG has a 1.75-6x32 in stock so I could say put it on or I could wait and call Leupold and get something run through their custom shop that is calibrated to the load I shoot. I have read a few posts that people have done that but i dont know if they ever posted a price to have this done.... Well I guess that is another question I can ask Leupold.

Thanks,
Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts