Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a marbles tang sight from a guy on eBay. I put it on my 1894 357 mag everything seemed to be ok till I moved it forward towards the hammer and it felt like something gave. Well now all it does is flop back and forth and will barely stay in the slot. What gives? What is marbles warranty? Should I try to get a refund or try to send it off to have it repaired. I paid 77 bucks for it which is cheaper than what I paid for the one on my 1895. What to do?

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Hey there buddy, I wish I had some advice for you however I don't own any, wish I did. Was it advertised as new? If so you may be able call Marbles direct and get an RMA.

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1895Gunner said:
Hey there buddy, I wish I had some advice for you however I don't own any, wish I did. Was it advertised as new? If so you may be able call Marbles direct and get an RMA.

Good luck...
I don't remember if it was advertised as new or not but the tang screw that came with it looked as though there had never been a screwdriver on it.
Thanks for the reply Scott.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Email the seller back and see what he says. There are little ball bearings in that turret and detents also, sounds like something is missing or not enough of. Bought used? Did it come in the orange Marbles box?

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't come in a box. It came in a bag with the part numbers on it.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AINT NO FISH said:
Call that Ebay rascal back, right now! Ok, email him.
Just emailed him. I'll see what he says.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"im not sure on that sir.....i dont have a gun that could mount on to look at....i bought the item brand new, only time i ever opened it was to take the photos for the auction...i would try contacting marlin or brownells, they should be able to help you out....both companies are very reputable and im sure will be able to help you out with any problems you have...i would try marlin first being that they manufactured the sight...im sure they have a techical groupe that can help you"

This was the response I got.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
::) :p :p

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there brianscott12 -- I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid you might have done the damage yourself. They don't bend that way. If installed correctly they only bend away from the hammer. What probably occurred is that the spring got crushed or dislodged from it's base. The spring nestles between the sight base ears in a depression. I tried to show it in the picture. The spring is basically flat with a 'crown'. If that is distorted it won't function correctly. The sight staff has a dimple that sits over the spring crown in the upright position. Can you kinda see where this is going? If you sent it back to Marbles I'm sure they would repair it. I have no idea if or what they may charge for the service. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wind, it has a dimple for another position just past the normal firing position. I jus assumed that was another position. The one for my 1895 does this with no trouble. I'll call marbles tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey again brianscott12 -- Here is a picture showing the slightly different shoulders on the sight staff. The 1895 sight is the one that looks like it is sitting on the Statue of Liberty's base if I'm not mistaken. That base is tall enough that it may be able to bend both ways. I have little to no experience with that particular Marbles sight. I think you have suggested the best recourse by giving Marbles a shout in the morning. Best regards. Wind

1 - 13 of 13 Posts