Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an elementary question, but how does one adjust the rear iron sight for both elevation and windage? My 336 is a BL Model that I have owned for a little over one year.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Elevation - Lightly lift on the rear sight at the rear leaf. Preferably by placing the heal of your hand on the barrel forward of the rear sight mounting point and use your hand like a lever to lift the sighting portion with thumb and forefinger. While doing so slide the elevator, the narrow stepped part, rearward to raise the sight. To lower slide the elevator forward.

Windage - use a brass drift/punch or wood dowel and small hammer to tap the rear sight left or right in the dovetail. Slide it to the left to make the POI shift to the left and vice versa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To clarify my question, I don't know how to physically manipulate the rear sight. I understand which direction to move the sight for the desired result, but don't know how to make it happen.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
To Raise POI (Point Of Impact) raise the rear sight with the step elevator, opposite to lower POI.

Windage, To move POI to the right, tap the rear sight in the dovetail with a brass drift pin/punc, wood dowel in the direction you want the bullet/ POI to go. If you need POI to move left, drift/tap sight base to the left...

Hope this helps...

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
To clarify my question, I don't know how to physically manipulate the rear sight. I understand which direction to move the sight for the desired result, but don't know how to make it happen.

Thanks.
Lift the back of the sight with something NON metallic (don't scratch finish)plastic fork handle etc. and just slide the step elevator back a notch until desired height/elevation is achieved.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It doesn't take a lot of side to side movement to adjust the windage. Also, if you don't have a brass punch a spent casing will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts