Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know better than to go looking around. I tell myself I am just looking. Well I could pass up this 25N for $99.00. It was 104.94 after the tax and call fee. I have not shot it yet or taken a group picture with my others but it will fit in nicely. Seems to be very clean and is a 2000. model year.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Congrats!:congrats:Stolen!, man thats a good price. Good lookin, love mine.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Thats a good looking rifle Golphin.I am wondering,what is a call fee?

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
505 Posts
You got one heck of a good looking rifle for one heck of a deal.

They had one at the gun shop down the road from me, they wanted $199 for it and it wasn't quite as nice as yours.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice score man!

·
Premium Member
12,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a good looking rifle Golphin.I am wondering,what is a call fee?
That is what they charged for the background call they make every time you buy a gun. You fill out a form they call the information in giving them your name and telling them if it is a handgun or long gun. Bunch of BS and I am sure the feds are keeping score. The shop charges it just to get a few more bucks out of you before you leave.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
:congrats:That's why I CAN'T look!!! Good lookin rifle!

Mop

·
Registered
854 Posts
Call fee is a rip off since it's a toll free call anyway. I never used it and didn't know it was legal to charge anywhere else. That's a good reason to shop elsewhere.
Oh, need to start saving up as there are many more out there with your name on them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sharp rifle Golphin! I believe you are correct, she would fit in nicely with any collection. I just picked up an Original Golden 39A a week or so back. Was wnting one, but wasn't looking for one of those at the time either. A friend was needing funds for a glock he was wanting to buy, shot me an offer and....... Just like the Marlinitis thread we were on recently.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tax here where I'm at is 5.75%, puts total on a $99 purchase @ 104.69. We are not charged for a call or transfer when buying in stock and local, just when we have one shipped in to a FFL dealer. Standard fee is $15 to $20 for a FFL transfer. $104.04 is a great total for the rifle you have.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Very nice, good catch :congrats:. Can't go wrong with a $100 Marlin in that condition :beerglass:.

·
Premium Member
12,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Call fee is a rip off since it's a toll free call anyway. I never used it and didn't know it was legal to charge anywhere else. That's a good reason to shop elsewhere.
Oh, need to start saving up as there are many more out there with your name on them.
Yea I know he wrote the charge on the receipt while everything else was printed. I already felt bad because the rifle was marked at $125.00 and I ask him what the best he could do on it was. He went down to $99.00 and the $125.00 was a bargain in my opinion. I was not going to say anything about the $5.00. I look at the out the door price anyway, I don't care how they write it up. Here is the receipt it was 109.94 total so I correct my first post. He may have stuck it in his pocket and bought a 6 pack for all I know and that's fine with me.

013.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Nice rifle and a great price!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
That is what they charged for the background call they make every time you buy a gun. You fill out a form they call the information in giving them your name and telling them if it is a handgun or long gun. Bunch of BS and I am sure the feds are keeping score. The shop charges it just to get a few more bucks out of you before you leave.
Thankfully, they don't do that here. (10% sales tax is painful enough as it is).

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Jeeeezzzzz am I jealous! Nice rifle! $104.94 including NICS and Tax...JEEEEEEEEEEZZZ...:congrats::beerglass::beerglass:

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, nice looking rifle; especially at what you paid. Enjoy...

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
I really like the Marlin bolt .22's. For the money ya can't go wrong, and it sounds like you got a good deal!

We don't have to pay a fee in WA for the call, but OR charges 10.00 for the call to do the instant check.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts