Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally killing time waiting on a snow cone truck to open, so swung by my favorite LGS. He has had a 39M on the shelf for a few weeks that he took in on trade and gave to much. Asking $579. Low and behold, he had two 39A's along side it. I bought the nicer of the two, priced at the just right price of $400. It is a 1975 model and the previous owner was either the most meticulous guy or he never shot it. It took some pounding to break it apart and it was very clean. Nice dark blue. The other one was around the same era, but had some pitting on the right side of the receiver. Still had the bullseye and sight hood. It was priced at $379. I may have to go back and trade something for it. Hard to leave a 39A behind priced like that these days. Well, here it is, enjoy. I am. :)

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Great score and great price, Im jealous! 39a is next on my list, but they're like hen's teeth around here or way over priced.. Ive came across 3 in the last 2 years, pretty beat up and over 500$ I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on any of them..

·
Registered
295 Posts
A couple of years ago, I traded my 39a for a Mountie. While I do enjoy the Mountie, I really miss not having my 39a. Your find has motivated me to find one. Congrats on a great find....and go back and get the other one!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The moment I held it, it was a done deal. The debate was buying both or not. As mentioned, the other had some rough spots on the receiver, but was still in decent shape. The $20 difference between the two was no brainer.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Yep a nice rifle at a great price and that other one is a great deal as well. I would buy it as well or even try band work a two for deal to get the Mountie also.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not 39A poor at the moment, so I will leave the other 39A for the next guy. He doesn’t dicker much, so the 39M will stay there as well.

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
All of those are under asking price.
A 39m is a Mountie aint it. $700 is what i see them that is the low side.
A decent 39a is over $600 usually.
Buy em all you got at least $500 in profit if you go gunbroker.
You could post a hey heads up PM for info an PM interested parties the dealer info.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Technically they are all priced at the asking price. :) I already had a fellow Arkansan ask me for the shop info. That is the reason I posted what I saw and prices was in case someone else was interested. Don’t want to profit off someone else searching for a 39A. I’d rather let someone else in on the good deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congratulations on a great find. Yeah, I thought about asking for the shop name and making a trip up there but my gun fund is low. I spotted a 39a in a pawn shop in Sherwood a couple of weeks ago. Rusty and in rough shape, they were asking $758.00. It stayed there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.