Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an ace skeleton stock to replace the a2 style stock on my bushmaster varminter.The stock is lightweight with a shorter length of pull although it came with a rubber recoil pad for those wanting to maintain original length.I bought mine from midway for $65 from midway and it really changed the look of the rifle.

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
I think we're gonna need pictures..........but it sounds very cool. 8)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been trying but don't know how to get pics from photobucket to here.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Follow the directions in our Reference Library

if you put the cursor on the photo pop up will show 4 links.. the bottom one is IMG put cursor on it and click it should flash copied them come here to message box and right click the mouse and paste leaving a space from the link if you wish to post words..

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
How's the balance? One of my least-favorite things about collapsible stocks and metal forends is that all the weight is in the front, and they don't handle very well. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
I like that more that those 6 Position Collapsible Stocks
I have this feeling that it might6 move back a notch or two when I'm shooting ::)
And I think that they are ugly.
But that is just me...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The barrel is a full inch up to the gas block before it tapers down to what u see in the picture so it is a little muzzle heavy,but it is my coyote rig so shot mostly off a harris bipod,although I dont notice it when burn through a few clips in backyard(its just to much fun).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very nice! I been thinking about getting one of those for years.
$65 clams is a good deal!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic. I have narrowed things down considerably and think I want the Rock River Predator 16" or the Coyote carbine. Either one of those really trips my trigger. I just need to sell my Stag 6.8mm to fund another AR-15 purchase. Your rifle looks like a great set up but I want something just a bit lighter.
Goat

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have ARs in 22lr, 9mm, 5.45, 5.56, 7.62x39, 6.8, .308, & .458 SOCOM. I wouldn't dare to part ways with the 6.8, in my opinion of all the calibers I have it provides the best balance between power & capacity.
Now sticking to the subject here an ACE stock on a 458 SOCOM.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very Nice!!!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Does the new stock reduce the "twang" effect of the standard A1-2 stock?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts