Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a beautiful Savage 99 in 308... featherweight...made in 1957....looks brand new...a beautiful gun....had it three years maybe....didn't really intend to shoot it....but per my post in another thread about shooting s big buck while I was standing in my dining room....I did shoot it this week....it went up light and felt perfect on my shoulder...no kick I observed (if course I was way excited by the big buck). But it dropped him stone dead in less than fifteen yards....first open sights I have shot in forty years.........kinds making me wish it was not so pretty......it works REALLY WELL!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ha ha from the dining room to the dining room, nice shooting! Thanks for posting the pic’s. As Al said...let’s see that rifle.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Congrats on giving in.... Gotta love those 99's. Though I have several 99's, I've been sitting on a new, never fired 1961 99F in 308 that keeps calling me to play. I've resisted but its getting harder and harder.

·
Super Moderator
23,665 Posts
I read your original story and it was incredible. A well maintained Mod 99 will never let you down!

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's a beautiful rifle. I had a 99C in 308 and it was a wonderful rifle. I still kick my self for trading it.

redhawk

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Beautiful rifle and a nice buck!

I used to have some beautiful rifles, at least they were when I acquired them. Now they're all used with a few dings here and there, but still beautiful to me!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice rifle, nice buck! Dining room window.... gotta love that! You must have had the adrenaline flowing not to feel the kick of a 308 featherlight!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very nice! I have that same rifle. Purchased it from an estate sale last summer. I really didnt have the need or budget but 99's in good shape are getting harder and harder to find so I took advantage of the situation and scooped it up. Thanks for the photos! Congrats and good shooting!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts