Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thing is is that you never hear anyone telling a NMP to have a life without female person, and that is because nature has prescribed that male persons and female persons be together unless they are gay which is a different story but is not applicable here.

You see a lot of women these days saying they are happy without a man etc. and of course it's more than possible to have a somewhat fullfilling life without a man, but you don't see men being advised to have fullfilling lives and develop their personal interests et al because they don't need a woman to be complete.

Interesting.

I feel a little reflective now that the ice is breaking up, having spent a winter in a very NFP deprived area.... and I have some things to say about NMP who are deprived of female companionship--and I don't really mean a mate, I mean just companionship.

It makes them damned UNSTABLE.

I'm in my 40's. I am not an ugly woman but at the same time I am not a flashy or loose woman--I look like a freakin' librarian (until I let down my hair :) ) But I have had men call me and offer to pay me for sex and behave in otherwise unbecoming ways simply because I am a single woman here.

My theory is this: there are too many people in our society who have become isolated from others and even from themselves because somehow it has become a weakness to admit to actually needing another person.

We all know the old joke and the sometimes all too real stereotype of lonely old women who keep cats and sometimes go so overboard that they end up on the 6:00 pm news with the crate after crate of cats being hauled off by the SPCA.

But their male counterparts rarely make the news, probably because they are all hiding up her in AK making pests of themselves. These men get every bit as bizarre as animal collecting old women are.

My point is is that somehow we have reached a stage where we are denying our mutual need for each other--I think it's a defensive thing---the women down south can't find men, the men up here can't find women, so they all go batshit and then they reach a point where no one wants them.

But our need for each other is still written in our genetic code.

Personally I refuse to become part of that I don't need anyone because I am perfect on my own thing. I am not perfect on my own. I am a needy, clingy woman who likes and needs to be touched and loves to spoil (the RIGHT) NMP rotten by cooking for them etc. and it helps if they are not batshit. I am not desperate but I am also not going to play into that defensive thing by saying I don't need anyone. Of course I would rather always be alone rather than be with the wrong person and no one should have to settle because that is not fair to anyone. But people should realize they need each other and act accordingly instead of being so defensive because somehow it's become a weakness in our society to need anyone.

I have 3 NMPs that I will be choosing from within the next year, or maybe they will choose me, or whatever. But I refuse to ever say I don't need anyone or to say that needing someone is a weakness...because I think that being able to aknowledge that you need someone is actually a strength.

Oh and yes Bestlever I did open that bottle of Alaskan Amber.... :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
uh oh....whine on alarm~~~~~~~~

i disagree.....

females want one thing:security.
men want two things: beer and to see something naked.

women get famillar and then have sex, men have sex then get familar~

the mind of a woman is run in the nurture gear most of the time: if those men wanting to get just sex from you had of asked for some food cause they were hungry.....you would of fed them...

men run in the 'fix-it' mode most of the time: need sex..get it. need to shoot, do it. want food, eat it. etc etc.....the more 'primal' the area of the living space, the more base the choices....in other words, are you living in a artists paradise? nope..you moved where knowing how to stay alive is more important than growing grapes for the up comming wine festaval!!!!!!!!!!!

so quit being a 'fem-fatale' and crying over the lack of lace on local men...move to southern spain or italy~ the area you chose, has the man who can keep you alive. but they may not be gentleman~they say what they want/need :wink:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh?

Men and women are of couse wired differently as I believe I stated but when it comes down to it we all need each other which is what I was trying to say.

females want one thing:security.
Security is really nice. I admit to totally loving feeling safe and secure but if the zing isn't there I would rather do without it as I know I can provide my own security.

...the more 'primal' the area of the living space, the more base the choices..
I think that is what I was trying to say in my post, that when it comes down to primal things, both men and women revert to a primal survival type mode---women by keeping cats and men by turning into anti social apes.

I was making a sociological statement rather than whining about the quality of men in my geographical location.

Men are wired exactly as you say they are, kaintuck. But when it comes down it it, they want to come home to a nicely cooked meal and a warm house and there is nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with women forgoing a life of cat keeping in favor of following the directives ot their DNA.

If we as a species were wired any other way, we would all live seperately except when we are in rutting season.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Italy sounds good! They have a whopper of a dove season there. :wink: SW

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
If we as a species were wired any other way, we would all live seperately except when we are in rutting season.
Now theres an idea with merrit, only most men are rutting seasons.
We're just different & if your happy being single, more power to ya!
I was, I'm still happy now but its a different kind. I used to be happy because I could do what I wanted when I wanted & with who I wanted. Was an easier happy than the one I have now but no more rewarding.
Now I'm happy cuz I got 2 boys to hang out with & a dog, managed to buy a house & got a wife to clean it up & feed the boys & me.
Theres a fairly new song out I hear sometimes on the road. Its a female singer I cant spit her name out right now butit goes like this,
"Its not having what you want, its wanting what you've got"
Theres lotsa folk through the ages & even today that were pretty dern happy with less than any American has today.

To quote Mr Bestlever, "Life is good!" :D

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I am trying to say is that people go batshit when deprived of nice other sex person companionship and that it isn't just women even though they are the ones who get the credit for keeping cats. I've seen it for myself living here this winter how STRANGE men get and there is one of them around here who has 114 dogs.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Ok, now I think I underrstand. Men like nice oposite sex people just as much as women I guess. We just, or I just dont mind much if they go away after the sex part to do whatever they do. :wink:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know why men are that way but I figure that if I wanted a man to go away after the sex part I wouldn't be having the sex part with him in the first place and if someone wanted me to go away I would do so but I would never come back and the guy would probably end up with hundreds of dogs.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Jeeze I didn't mean away for good. Just to the kitchen or laundry room is all. Maybe grocery shopping or gardening. Seems I must be lucky as my wife has zero problem with me leaving to go hunting or fishing or just to my basement to work on sumthin & I give her the same freedom. We all haver our domestic responsabilities ya know. :wink:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the last male person who I will not call nice that I had any reason to go away after sex with did not exactly go away except that he would read which didn't bother me at all as long as he wasn't reading Penthouse which I know he read when I wasn't around because I found one in the desk in his office once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts