Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I had gone through my discipleship of The Holy Spirit I was astounded to discover that I could audibly hear the Lord speaking to me. This does not happen often at all, no more than once or twice a year on average, and the communications are always short and to the point. Usually only one sentence long. It has been some time now since I last heard from Him, at least a year now I think. Well yesterday I was in my bed resting my leg and trying to get it healed up enough to be able to walk on it, and had been praying for a while for healing. After I had finished my prayer I was laying back on my pillows and wondering why The Lord hadn't healed my leg before it reached this point as I have been praying for healing for months now. Suddenly He spoke to me and these were His exact words. "Keep praying right along and I will heal you." I almost missed it as it was very quiet, more quiet than usual, but nonetheless it was still plainly audible and understandable.

I don't understand a lot of what The Lord does in my life until years later in hindsight most of the time. I reckon that is true of most Christians. Some things I guess I won't understand till I'm in Heaven with Him. But that short sentence of encouragement made a world of difference in my attitude, and has reinvigorated me to pray more and earnestly. I think that was the main point of His word, pray more and harder, more earnestly.

Elija described the voice of The Lord very well as "The small still voice". Most always He speaks to me when I am praying or struggling for understanding in my Bible studies. You have to be quiet and focused on Him to hear Him most times. I hope this word encourages those of you who are praying for someone or yourselves. don't give up just keep praying and if it don't wok keep praying some more. Happy resurrection day!!!! God bless.

·
Super Moderator
12,614 Posts
God does indeed speak to us. Let me tell you a true story.
I was going to Weber State University in Ogden Utah as part of the GI Bill. Trying to hold down a full time job to provide for my family and school full time is a lot of work.
So - idle time is at a premium and when I have it I value it. So I'm supposed to be watching my daughter as she plays in the fenced back yard and I go into the house to fool around with something. 15 minutes later my wife is reading me the riot act about how I'm supposed to be watching my daughter. I got pretty short with her and argued that the back yard is fenced - no need to get all grumpy about it.
A couple hours later I'm going to class. Mama's still upset with me and I can't see her point.
Now I lived about 2 blocks down from where two major roads intersect. There's a stop sign before I get to the secondary road which normally has some pretty heavy traffic that time of morning. This time I come up to the sign and there's NO traffic - AND there's a little girl about teh same age as mine standing in the middle of the road. Fellas - my heart just about sank as I was horrified this little girl was about to get run over. I heard as clearly as a bell "go to her". I got out of my car, looked around and there was nothing - absolutely nothing... except that little girl. I walked up to her and she held up her arms and I picked her up.
I started going up the street knocking on doors until finally a lady says - "that looks like the little girl across the street" and points to a house. I go up to the last intersection to cross because now there is the expected heavy traffic. 2 blocks from where I found her. So I go up to the house that was pointed out to me and knock on the door. I remember distinctly I had to knock 3 times.
A young gal opens the door - sees teh little girl and flings the screen door open and the little girl reaches for her. She looks at me with a look I'll never forget - half fear and half anger. "What are you doing with my daughter?!!". I explained and she hollers "Jeremy! - JEREMY!!!". A young guy comes up to the door looking half asleep and confused - "what's going on?" His wife is mad as fire and says "you're supposed to be watching her!!". He replied "I was only gone for a minute!" (this was like 15 minutes after I picked her up).
God was loud and clear and got a two-fer that day. I'll never forget that God showed me a miracle that day and cared enough to straighten me out.
I hope this story wasn't too OT but I wanted to get across that God does indeed speak if we listen and he does so when he needs us to hear it.
He will answer your prayers - hang in there brother.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got home. My brother Rick gave me a bottle of communion wine for Christmas just before he died. I have been saving it for Easter Sunday. My family gathered at Moms' house this afternoon and we took communion service from that bottle of wine as a group. My mom really appreciated it, Ricks death hit her very hard.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Sometimes we have to run "slap" in to God's hand before we recognize it. Thanks be to God when I do.

Sealed Servant, HE ain't done with you yet! We are a work in progress, thank goodness He's still workin on me!

Prayers for you and yours.

Mop

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Prayer's sent from the Gabbard's. I posted once a very unique story about God answering a prayer for need of money for a vacation. I can't remember the posts tittle, but to sum it up short. I was going thru my mail one day picking out the good stuff and throwing away the bad. I came across a response from my health insurance claim. I had received several from them denying payment, so I tossed this one in the trash can. I was standing over the kitchen table with the trash can behind me. I tossed the letter in and turned back to the table to sort more bills. As plain as day, the Lord said pick that up. I looked all around I was alone. I turned and got the letter out of the trash and opened it. It was a check for $400.00. It made our vacation and I gave $100.00 to a fellow Deputy so he could join his family on Thanksgiving vacation I gave another sizable amount to a guy standing on a curb holding a sign that said I will work for money. I bought a out of state hunting license, $80.00 dollars, took my family of 3 and my wife sister's family of 4 out to eat $180.00. I only carried $500.00 with me and came home with $40.00 Ya'll do the math. God hears our prayer and answer them, sometimes verbally. I only wished my Ex-wife was standing there to see and believe God's miracle, She just said I was crazy for giving money away.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is really good to hear that others besides me have heard the voice of The Lord. After I first heard Him my wife and I were visiting a large Baptist Church with probably about 500 people in attendance for Sunday services. The pastor was going along in his sermon and paused to ask the congregation, "Have any of you ever actually heard The Lord speak?". Well I threw up my hand and looked around to see that mine was the only hand in the air in the entire church, including the pastors unraised hand. Everybody in the church was staring at me but I didn't lower my hand, I was telling the truth and was not gonna deny it. I had not realized until then what a rare and precious thing it is to hear The voice of God. I kind of pout up now when I haven't heard from Him in a long while, and wonder if I have done something to make Him mad at me. But I go back to The Bible and read what He told the apostles just before He ascended into Heaven, "From henceforth I will not speak with you much, for the prince of this world cometh and he hath no share in me.".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.