Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to 2 local gun stores today. Both had a decent selection of Marlins. I've been wanting a stainless Marlin in 30-30 or 308 MX. The first store had all Remlins. I looked at a stainless 30-30 and the wood (walnut) to metal fit was ok, but the stainless receiver had these wierd stains/waves in the finish. Pass. The store clerk went to the back and got another one. The metal finish was good but the wood to metal fit was horrible. Gaps and proud wood galore. The only Marlin they had that had decent wood to metal fit was the BL and it had a slightly crooked front sight. I like the little BL but I already have a blued 336W Remlin that shoots good groups with the Winchester Power Max ammo. It hates the Hornady LR ammo by the way.

Went to the second store. Old gun store that has been around forever. They had a .308MXLR that was pre-Remington. At full bore list price though. That rifle was pure art to hold and look at. The fit and finish was perfect. I didn't have enough cash on me to buy it so I sadly left the toy store empty handed.

Thanks Remington for taking Marlin to FUBAR land. :mad:

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
SOSDD...unfortunately! :(

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Lets see : The store has a perfect pre-Remington Marlin and they have lay away.And you have cash to put down!!! ::) So what is the problem???
JD

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
jackdaniels said:
Lets see : The store has a perfect pre-Remington Marlin and they have lay away.And you have cash to put down!!! ::) So what is the problem???
JD
Oil Peddler--

Watch out--this place has more enablers than a rehab center with drug dealers standing on every corner.

Ask me how I know ??? ;D ;D ;D

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts