Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sample- HangTag.JPG

I’ve got an abundance of leather scraps that are too small for other projects, but work pretty well for tags for gun cases.
This auction is for a “set” of tags for your collection. Since everyone has a different number of guns, for the purpose of the auction, I’m going to say “a set” is 12 (one dozen) with a maximum of 6 letters/numbers on each tag. If someone doesn't need 12 tags, your name or screen name can be used, but keep in mind that I can’t fit Gregory Stephanopoulos on a 3” tag, so be prepared for a belt if that’s your name.:) The same holds true if you want your gun's nickname on the tag... I'll exceed the 6 letter max, but "Ole Bear Killer #1" is going to be a fairly long tag. Also, I’m flexible within reason on what a set is. I.E. if you have 15 guns, we’re not going to stop at 12, but if you have/want 24, the price will be double the high bid.
The letters are ½” all capital letters/numbers.
I will ship 1 week after you supply me with the list of tags to be created.

Auction is for 7 days, ending at Noon Central Time...Thursday, July 3, 2014
Winning bidder is to send bid amount to Marlin Owners via the link below, and shipping address to me via PM.

Support Marlin Owners Auction Rules

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I'll start this off at $40

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
I'll go $45.70:biggrin: Great idea 9!

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea Terry!
Thanks BJ,
Been rolling it around in my head for a while, but couldn't figure out how to define it. Finally decided to take a shot and remain flexible. If anyone has questions, hopefully they will ask.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Well......since I don't see that there's a minimum bid increment, can I say $45.90. Those look really SHARPS. :ahhhhh:

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Those tags you sent with the eagles head worked out great.

Reactions: a9mmfan

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
OK, $50.90 because those are Sharps for sure. :top:

Reactions: galaxieman

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Leverforever,
Get me the list of what you want on the tags so I can get to work.
I'll PM you my email addy so you can send them there if you prefer. I also may have a few questions.
Thanks for supporting the site.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Terry, Paypal sent. I will get the list together today or tomorrow. Thx!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the payment Leverforever and for posting up this auction a9mmfan! Please feel free to ship the tag if you haven't already. Thanks again to everyone who participated in this auction!

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
I wanted to show off the Hang Tags that a9mmfan made for this auction. The cam battery was going dead so pics aren't the greatest (focus was drifting in and out). I have hung a few on the rifles for an example, and when they leave the safe to go out for the day, I will transfer the tag to the case for easy ID. I usually will take a min of three out for some shootin, but I have had as many as seven out. When piled in the truck, these tags on the cases will make ID of what is inside alot easier. This was a great idea Terry had to use up some bits of Leather, and contribute to our Great Forum! Thanks again Terry! :top:

Fireworks & TAGS 009.JPG Fireworks & TAGS 010.JPG Fireworks & TAGS 013.JPG Fireworks & TAGS 015.JPG Fireworks & TAGS 016.JPG

Reactions: a9mmfan

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be willing to do another set of these if there is any interest. Money still goes to support the site. You might check with Leverforever to see if he felt like he got his money's worth before committing.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Feel free to PM me if ya like, but, I can tell you right know these are going to be handy things to have in my crowded safe, and when I take a half dozen rifles (all in same color cases) out in the hills to do some shootin. I know some of you have a half dozen or more 336s in your safe in different calibers. They look alot alike standing next to each other, don't they? Tagged the way you like, will make grabbing the one or two ya want at the time much easier. No self respcting Gun Safe should be without them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts