Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the Buff just can't leave well enough alone. Prime example being the Ruger Single-Six that he picked up a while back

It was sold as used in excellent condition. Came with all the original paper work.

Included both the Long Rifle and Magnum cylinders

It's mint, can't really tell if it had even been shot.

Stick around and watch a Ruger receive the Marlin treatment

A lot of these Rugers came with walnut stocks. The black stocks are a little too much. They need a little color to break it up.

Pulled the stocks off. Just what the hell is this thing. Well it's a trigger lock. Happy the stocks hadn't been drill for access

Took some measurements

Transfer the angle to some .030 thick white HDPE

Transferred some hole locations and captured the right hand spacer first

Trimmed in the one side

Move onto the other side

Looks a hell of a lot better

After

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
That is really cool looking!!!!! Just might have to try that on one of my Ruger Single Actions.
Thanks for the idea.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The Single Six is a wonderful fun gun. I had one years ago and foolishly sold it to get money for some other fire stick. My have to pick up another one now...... This site is expensive!

Reactions: COYOTE222

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
nice job, looks great

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I like it too. These Rugers are great little guns.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I'm not sure I like the end result all that much, but I like the way you thought about it and told us about it. The fact that is easily reversible is a plus. Maybe part of the reason I'm ambivalent about it is that I have small hands, and anything that makes the grips bigger is usually not a good idea for me. Thanks for sharing. Luisyamaha

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Definitely unique! I like it just fine:tee:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have wondered what the wood grips would look like on a blued model. I have a stainless single six, I call it my ammo conserving gun. My Marlin model 60 is my ammo wasting gun. hehe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.