Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks,

I spent my money that I was saving up for an AR10 on a new Prime Alloy bow in 60 pounds of draw . After owning it for a month and flinging arrows just about everyday, I have come to the conclusion that this bow stands shoulder to shoulder with any other compound bow made.

The cam system uses a dual cam on the top and bottom. The bow string is run between two yokes that are formed by the dual cams. As a result, when the bow is drawn, the limbs have equal pressure applied to both sides, reducing cam lean to almost nothing. The cams are also very smooth through the whole draw cycle. There is not the big hump, that you have to go over, to fall into the valley.

The back wall is solid. There is not any sign of flex or mushiness in the bow.

I use arrows that weigh around 450 grains. They are not really heavy, but then again they are not light weights. With this weight arrow, I had to add string silencers, to reduce the noise of the shot. Not that the noise was very loud, but I like a quiet bow. The bow did come with high grade limb silencers installed and a rubber grip that is easy to hold, and that I think helps dampen vibration, yet can be removed for those that like to shoot off of the riser.

The fit and finish are excellent. There was not a blemish anywhere to be found. I bought mine in Realtree Extra. It's a very nice camo pattern that looks great on this bow.

The downside of going from a single cam bow to a dual cam, at least for me, was getting it set up with the proper timing and having to use draw specific cams. The Alloy maxes out at a 30" draw length. I could really use a 30.5", but I do not feel cramped at full draw. My previous bow was a Forge Ventilator that was very accurate and had a single cam that could be adjusted from 28" to 31" by moving a module. I only sold the Forge due to the lack of a valley. It was a little to hard on my draw arm after shoulder surgery.

I do not have speed figures, but to give an idea of the energy that this bow creates with my arrow weight, at 40 yards I missed my target (dummy me) and hit my back stop which is 1/2" plywood angled at 45 degrees. The arrow penetrated six inches through the plywood, with a 125 gr. field point. I was very surprised that it had that much oomph to penetrate like it did.

If any one is looking for a new compound bow, check out a Prime, I think that they are putting out one heck of a bow, with a lot of great engineering going into them.

Andrew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts