Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work a 40 hr a week day job as well as 20-30 hours a week at a part time job. In my "spare time" I build custom turkey calls. Here is one I made a few years ago that I will probably never duplicate. The pot was made of 42 strips of wood if I remember correctly. It was made of walnut and cherry that I picked up locally.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
That is absolutely beautiful...

If you make anymore, when you get a chance, perhaps you could post a notice and put them up for sale here on Marlin Owners. You only need one more post to be eligible to sell your wares here.

If you do get some made, figure out how much you want for them, and post them here:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/board,181.0.html

Or... if you are feeling generous, and donate one for the site as a contribution, you could put one up for auction here:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/board,106.0.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a website, but haven't been able to find if it is permissable to post website links. I didn't want to get started wrong.

I have taken 7 national awards in callmaking contests over the past few years. It goes way beyond being a hobby! Most are made of solid blanks. I have used somewhere around 30 different woods, domestic and exotic, and use a variety of surface materials.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I am not sure about commercial ventures, but I know many individuals sell lots of stuff on the appropriate topic board. Perhaps, you could shoot a PM to VTDW or Gunjunkie and ask them for more info regarding your website and such. The worst that will happen is a negative answer to your question, but at least you will know the particulars of what they deem acceptable or not.

That sure is a beautiful slate call though.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Now that's talent. 8)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That is, without a doubt, THE most beautiful turkey call I have ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts