Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit I love my Marlin 1894 and I have been dreaming of a Cowboy for years, but I really enjoy shooting and carrying this Winchester around. I get alot of people asking me about this one when they see it. Really is a sweet gun.

1977 - Limited Edition, only 1499 others out there. Gold Plated receiver with Hounds baying a Bear engraved on it. It has some cosmetic issues, as it had some water damage on the stock, butplate a bit of the receiver where the tang is, so I got it cheap and turned it into a shooter.

Just finished making the buckskin scabbard thats underneath it. Going to make one for my Marlin.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nice.. I would shoot it too. guns are made to be shot and enjoyed ;D

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Thats a fine looking Winchester, would like to hold it in my hands to appreciate it ;D Sure is some good looking buckskin work you do there!! Got any more pictures ;D We love pictures...... .DT

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks everyone. Here is the other side and it in action last summer on my property.... ;D

Just a little bit of Red Neck ;D

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
That is a nice looking rifle and the leather work you do is also very nice.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Don't get me wrong, but the dog doesn't look to intimidating, I would put up a sign saying Beware of Winchester ;D ;D .DT

Or better yet..... Beware of ******* with Winchester 8)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha ha...Beware of Winchester would be classic. Thanks you for the comments on the Buckskin sheath. I had never made one of these and they are so expensive so I decided to make my own...Really easy, just Bucksin, waxed thread, awl, leather needle, scissors, patience, time and more patience! :) Gave this one to my Uncle because he liked it so much.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Great looking rifle AND scabbard. Thanks for sharing them both.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the love. It keeps me happy while in search of a Marlin CB Limited. Updated with closer pics of engraving detail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts