Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after we discussed irresponsible purchases in another thread, I felt the desire to carouse my LGS's for possibles that I might want or maybe even need. Walmart had just sold out of the 550 round boxes of 22LR ammo, but they had some CCI Stingers. I bought three boxes of them. Another store had one box of 35 Remington Hornady LEs and two boxes of Remington 32 Winchester Specials in 170 grain persuasion, and all three boxes at low prices, so I bought all three.

Then, I stumbled into the pawn shop. Low and behold, there was a pretty decent looking Marlin 336 on the rack. I asked to see it and the man said it was a 35 Remington! I bought it before I had my hands on it! Serial number begins with 71 making it manufactured in 1971. It has never had a scope or sling on it, not even sling studs. The bore had dust in it, but was mint condition. The man said he just hung it up there and I was his first customer who looked at it! I'm very pleased with it and for $350 it was a steal!

Ron

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
"& for $350 it was a steal" :congrats:Yep, you're right, you stole that rifle:biggrin: that's what we here call it "GTM":flute: Seriously, you did good & that is a very nice looking Marlin!!:beer:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks like a virtually "as new" nearly unfired 43 year old rifle...very nice and a steal at the price. Can't get a new one (with lesser quality) for that price! You done good, sir!

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Great find Ron! Walkin' thru the cow pasture, still smellin' like a rose.:biggrin: That was a steal, congrats to you, she looks darn nice for a 35 even half her age. DP

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and this is my seventh JM Marlin! This is the first 35 I've seen for sale here. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't get it. I love the tiger striping in the forend, kinda gives it some character!

Ron

·
Premium Member
16,809 Posts
Hey Ron,

One fine looking .35, there!

Good for you! (You may need a "longer" wall, for the "family" pics) LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
nothing irresponsible there... you adopted an orphan to live with the family and several boxes to feed them... sounds like a proper deed was done... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
15,432 Posts
very nice lookin' rifle
what a great price
congrats

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nothing irresponsible there... you adopted an orphan to live with the family and several boxes to feed them... sounds like a proper deed was done... :biggrin:
David, I'm real happy with it. For that price, it was just too good to pass up.

Ron

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, and a nice find. I would have been all over that one myself... gotta' love the .35 rems... :biggrin:
Enjoy...

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Ya done good sir.Leave no JM Marlin behind. (if priced right)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts