Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Are there any forums for Movies or great Books?

I've watched the Dead Man's Walk, Comanche Moon, Lonesome Dove, Streets of Laredo series about 20-times, and read Empire of the Summer Moon at least 6 or 7 times - and I love Last of The Mohicans.

Movies or historical fact based books - make one realize how soft people are today...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hell I Was There! By Elmer Keith. Great bibliography of a great man during different times. Made me want to be born 100 years ago to be among such people.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one of the "Moderators" (who don't like easteners :D) should create a Movie / Book sub-forum...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHAT THE HECK? Billy Jack just came on GRIT!

I stood right on the spot in the park in Prescott AZ where Billy Jack kicked that old slob in his face! It was like a pilgrimage! :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
For mountain man books, Hugh Glass and Jeremiah Johnson are amazing. Decent movies about them but the movies are well different from the books. For more current historical books, Victory Point gives a much better and accurate account of the "Lone Survivor" story in Afghanistan from June 2005 by Ed Darrack. Ed Darrack also has a few other recent books on Iraq and Afghanistan that are very accurate from first hand photos he took.

·
Super Moderator
26,234 Posts
Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For mountain man books, Hugh Glass and Jeremiah Johnson are amazing. Decent movies about them but the movies are well different from the books. For more current historical books, Victory Point gives a much better and accurate account of the "Lone Survivor" story in Afghanistan from June 2005 by Ed Darrack. Ed Darrack also has a few other recent books on Iraq and Afghanistan that are very accurate from first hand photos he took.
I am STUNNED! I have both Jeremiah Johnson books - don't know if you noticed but my avatar IS Jeremiah Johnson...

I have Lone Survivor and 13-Hours books too - I admire grit and determination.

Reactions: cajun56
1 - 8 of 8 Posts