Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This one deserves more than just a like...
Thank you Sir for your heart-felt kind words.
Thanks, I for sure didn’t do it for a like. Just wanted you to know it was a touching tribute. Your dad must have been proud to have a son like you!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Navago -
Sorry for your loss - I do feel your pain. I was with my Dad in '96 when he drew his last breath.
Looks to me like you have a lot to celebrate in a life well spent. Time in the field, time with Family, TIME with Dad. That's value without a price and I'm sure he loved every minute of it.
Value his memory, trust in what he taught you and in what he showed you. Strive to continue to be the Man he wanted you to be.
Remember the Good Times, trust in the Lord knowing that you WILL see him Again.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
19,486 Posts
Sorry for your loss Navajo! A beautiful tribute and testament to the love you have for your dad...obviously a great man! Lost my dad over 20 years ago and still think about him daily! Your dad it still with you in everything you do, just as my mine is with me! He taught me a lot and every time I step in the woods he's sittin' right next to me! Lots of great memories for you and your family to cherish!

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
Brian, thanks for sharing these pictures, Like some others I met him at the Get Together at your place and he certainly was a great man. Every day I hope I am half the man my Dad was.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Beautiful tribute to your father Brian. Thank you for sharing all of the pictures as well. I sure wish that I could have met him.

·
Super Moderator
25,722 Posts
Brian, I can tell your Dad was a great man, he raised one outstanding son!

My Dad left this rock in '92 and not a day goes by I don't think of him. I'll never stop missing our conversations and I can tell you're the same, Brian. I guarantee he's looking down upon you proud as ever. Keep telling the stories as he lives on through them.

Jack

·
Registered
20,193 Posts
I am glad to have met your dad.
he was a softly spoken man but when he spoke, you listened attentively.
i know I did!
i believe I would label him as a true rifleman.
i look up to him as he was my father & you as a brother.
you held up professionally at his funeral & celebration of life.
i wished he was there when I shot that spike there this year.
i know he was in spirit.
you are your father’s son...
love you like a brother man.

·
Super Moderator
15,411 Posts
You are so fortunate for being raised by a man like this...
​God Bless Him!!!!!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts