Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local Costco this evening filling up the Suburbans tank. As I was waiting for the pump to finish, a vehicle pulled in behind me at the second pump. A few moments later, a man in his late thirties approached me and asked "may I?" He then pointed to my Air Force Veteran license plate that reads "HUG US." The man wanted to give this middle aged vet a hug. Of course I followed through.
It is not the first time this has occurred, but it has been awhile. Tonight's hug put a smile on my face and made me feel good.
All veterans deserve a hug.
Andrew

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Good for you both! And yes, they do!

Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
I think our vets of today need extra credit. They choose to serve and get the dirty end of the stick. I shudder to think of what it would be like if they had to draft in today's America. There would be riots in the streets. We are lucky Trump is pro military or nobody would have our troops backs. I really pisses me off when some politician says only fools that can't get a job doing anything else are in the military. Many of these politicians have no trade or skill and have done nothing in their life but give their opinions on how others should live. The only reason they can get away with it is the military that has protected the country since 1776.

·
Registered
29,609 Posts
Thanks! You deserve so much more!

I shake hands with all veterans I come across and thank them for their service!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I had a similar situation about 2 weeks ago. I was fueling up the car, standing along side it waiting for the tank to fill, when a Jeep pulled up behind me. The gentlemen obviously noted my Marine Corps ball cap, and got out of his vehicle, thanked me for my service and shook my hand. In the process, he slipped me a very nice Marine Corps Challenge coin. I was truly humbled by the occurrence.

Just goes to show that there are still good, appreciative folks out there>

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts