Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 70's Vintage 1895 on GB that looks fairly clean and a good price for anyone interested in a straight stock pre-CBS.Listing # is 234495371
Sorry I dont know how to post a link.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Levergunz nothing will keep these guys from getting a look at a gun ;D I'm kinda computer Handicapped myself. I am convinced computers are disfunctional ;D

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buffgun,thanks!
me,what we need is some kids to show us how to work these darn things ::)
I think you are correct,that the computer is disfunctional....no way would we freeze up as much as these computers,although close. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I am surprised that no one has made a bid on that rifle.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The folks running that auction would have better luck getting bids if they answered questions.
I contacted them twice through Gunbroker over the span of a few days with a specific question about the rifle but never heard back from them.That makes me reluctant to want to do business with them.That plus unless I'm getting them mixed up with someone else they have quite a few negative feedbacks.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
The folks running that auction would have better luck getting bids if they answered questions.
I'm having trouble getting an answer from another guy on GB right now as well. I don't know if they (GB) are having message service issues or the guy I'm communicating with is a jerk. I've sent this guy 4 emails and nothing yet. I've never had this much trouble on Auction Arms.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I don't usually have any trouble getting a reply on GB and if I do Im leary of doing busness with them.Life's got enough problems and aggravations without setting yoursef up for more.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Life's got enough problems and aggravations without setting yoursef up for more.
You are so right! I think I'll be moving on and let someone else deal with it.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Someone got a nice Marlin for $399.00 :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was clocking this auction too, but the more I studied, the less interested I became - seller never mentioned the bore, didn't make note of the Porting and it appeared the rear sling attachment was in the bullseye. I don't really need another levergun....so when I do buy one it will "talk" nicer to me.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
I will give the seller one thing for props though, 1700+ feedbacks and only 2 in the last 120 days. That is about as stellar as you can get on GB!

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think the rear sling stud is thru the bullseye.Look at the 3rd from last pic.The stud has a white spacer which is common on Mikes QD's.Many sellers seem to forget the bore condition.Not trying to hide it,they just seem to forget to put the info in.Most time you can get a general idea just by going from overall condition.Looks like this one could use a coat of finish,but at $399. it was a great price.
No I'm not the seller.I just watch auctions to keep check of pricing etc.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have found that bore condition is rarely an issue on modern firearms.When you are looking for rifles that are old like 1936's or like 1893's etc then bore condition becomes much more a factor as the ammo used mercuric primers and/or Black powder and if the bore wasn't cleaned promptly then its a problem.Corrosive priming was very common up thru WW2 era.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
It is a BO serial number. I was watching this one and sent pm and got that reply from the seller.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What's a BO serial number?

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Athanasor said:
What's a BO serial number?
The BO prefix is the first year the 1895 was reintroduced(1972).They are 8 groove ballard rifled.Rumor has it the barrels with that prefix were made by Badger or something to that effect for Marlin.Later production went to 12 groove-Microgroove.After close examination of mine I believe it is a B prefix with a zero and not the letter O.At any rate whoever won the auction got a great deal IMO.If it was me,I would strip the finish and put on a few coats of tru-oil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts