Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I've got to watch what I wish for. Just yesterday I was lamenting the fact my Marlin safe is sans a nice 39A. I've owned several over the years and they all managed to find new homes. So I saunter into the local gun shop/ pawn shop and there it is in the used rack, nice looking Mountie with a Lyman tang sight installed. Just about lost my lower jaw teeth when I saw the tag. I know the owner of the shop pretty well, and as I picked it up he mentioned the tang had been drilled with an extra hole for the sight base, but missed the serial number. A quick look at the innards and the bore, and $375 later I owned a nice 96% or so 1978 vintage Mountie. Now if it ever stops snowing and storming I can have a blast in the woods with a 39 again! No snowshoe is safe this winter now!

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Congrats friend! Prolly gonna be a few days before that silly smirk on yer face settles some. ;) :D

·
Banned
20,300 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
What, no pictures? Didn't we raise you better than that? :(

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, yeah, gonna be a few days if not weeks before the smirk disappears, that's for sure! If only I had a digital camera, and the know how I'd be happy to post pics, since the little squirt is definitely a looker. What's a good camera to buy? Last one I bought used 35mm film. Not sure what's good anymore. Any recommendations as to specs, etc?

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
I've got a Canon Powershot I like, cost about $175 three years ago. You can probably do better for less these days. Mine does awesome Macro shots and even video. Look for lots of zoom (mine is 10 power) and a lot of megapixels, ten or twelve is good, mine is only eight. For $100 you could probably get something better than mine. 8)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the camera education. It's time for me to come into the digital age, even if I'll be dragged into it kicking and screaming by my 14 year old youngin' who'll be teaching me. I'll need educating on how to make the pictures magically appear here, and I'm pretty sure she'll know how. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be up and running!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts