Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best friends passed away last month. He was a gun collector for years. Had some rare models of shot guns. Most of them were Remington model 10's, model 29's and model 31's. Also some old Marlin shot guns. I was given the chance to pick what ever I wanted to have from his collection that was not spoken for. He had many different variations of these models. He had trap models and skeet models and field grade ones. Some were plain barrel and solid rib guns also. A couple of 29's that were factory stamped "Long Range " which were back bored at the factory. I could not choose a shotgun as I am a rifle shooter. He had no lever Marlins so I picked a bolt rifle that I always liked of his. It is a Model 700 Classic in the fine caliber of 222 Remington. It is a very good shooter and I have a Leupold scope to go on it later but will use it for now with the Swift Premier 3x9. Here is a picture to share with my friends of Marlin Owners.

bandit

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
sorry for the loss of your friend.

remember the good times you shared every time you shoot this rifle.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Now you have to put your levergun away once in a while and take that gun and memories of your friend with you on a hunt.

Good part about that caliber is they come in handy for varmint hunts in the summer months.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I guess it takes guy's like us to understand these attachments. Take your buddy out shooting whenever you get the chance, I take my fathers to the woods with me several special days a year. Always a great day!

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Sorry for your loss bandit! You must have been a special friend for his family to gift you one of his guns!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
One of my best friends passed away last month. He was a gun collector for years. Had some rare models of shot guns. Most of them were Remington model 10's, model 29's and model 31's. Also some old Marlin shot guns. I was given the chance to pick what ever I wanted to have from his collection that was not spoken for. He had many different variations of these models. He had trap models and skeet models and field grade ones. Some were plain barrel and solid rib guns also. A couple of 29's that were factory stamped "Long Range " which were back bored at the factory. I could not choose a shotgun as I am a rifle shooter. He had no lever Marlins so I picked a bolt rifle that I always liked of his. It is a Model 700 Classic in the fine caliber of 222 Remington. It is a very good shooter and I have a Leupold scope to go on it later but will use it for now with the Swift Premier 3x9. Here is a picture to share with my friends of Marlin Owners.

bandit

You inherited one fine memory of a great friend! :congrats:

Reactions: bandit1250

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Beautiful rifle!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.