Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long lost Uncle Henry shows up and offers to buy ya one (1) rimfire....what'll it be?? I'd have to go with a mint used 39A.....at least 50 years old. That would do it for me. ttt

·
Registered
485 Posts
browning in the highest grade they make allready have a 82 mod 39a i want something i cant afford :) mike

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Marlin model 60 laminated and Stainless.. I am not fussy or Materialistic

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well if it was free I would go for a Anschutz Target model. Might as well wish big. :lol:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
An original 1897 with that cool pistol grip that they had back then. If not that, I'd like an original 39. Since Uncle Henry is buying I'd want it in super condition and maybe with a special order 28" barrel.

Geoff

·
Registered
251 Posts
mike243 said:
browning in the highest grade they make allready have a 82 mod 39a i want something i cant afford :) mike

I'll drink to that with one provision......I'd want the highest grade they made back when they actually made em in Belgium.....in mint condition of course. :wink:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Being family, I wouldn't want to impose too much- I would keep it reasonable...

A Marlin or a Savage in .17 HM-2 with h/b and laminated stock. Something like this would not break ol' Unk's wallet too badly. There's a Rem mod 12 pump with oct bbl and peep sights at the local gun emporium on the consignment rack I wouldn't mind having either- no Remingtons in my collection yet...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
A Remington Speedmaster. Just because I had a Uncle that would take me hunting when I was a teenager that had one . I always wanted one but never owned one.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Anschutz! :shock: Since I can't afford them, :oops: I don't know which model. Hopefully I spelled the name right! :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Squirellsniper,
Been knowing you for awhile, me thinks a vintage model 52 Winchester would do you well. That, or a "TargetMaster" model 37 Remington. You are "old-school" and anything less would make you look like a "Yuppie"! :wink: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts