Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Marlin XS7 in .308 about 6 months ago and I LOVE it. It appears to be waay more accurate that I am, so over time hopefully I'll get better. So far I've just been feeding it that Tula steel cased stuff and Have had a few 2 inch groups at 100 yards and even a 1 inch group one time. I have a few questions right off the bat

1.) Does anybody make any tactical stocks for the XS7 in .308
2.) How do I dis-assemble the bolt for cleaning

Thanks

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have never had a bolt get that cruddy I had to disassemble I just spray with break cleaner and drop if oil on the moveable parts after dry.. I use drop of oil on finger to coat the bolt too.. .. as far as ammo.. your groups would shrink if you step up on quality ammo.. not saying you need 50 dollar a box match grade.. but get some speer or hornady boat tails and try them

You should have bolt directions in owners manual I would think

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I can't help with the bolt info but when I picked up my XS7 in .308w I bought several boxes of the Winchester Power Max ammo and shot 1" groups and I am not all that good a shot. Others have similar with the cheaper Federal blue box for around $15. Always shoot American ammo even if it costs a couple more bucks a box ;D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
those bolts can be a pain, you have to hold the firing pin assembly back to unscrew the shroud. takes a special clamp unless you have lots of tools and can attack small jobs like that. otherwise leave it to the break cleaner and a drop of oil trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts