Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been so pleased with the performance of the TLC432-285-RF for my 444, I submitted special orders to Lee for all my Marlin calibers. Received the molds for my 35 Rem/356 Win and 375 Win yesterday....

On the left is the TLC359-180-RF and on the right is the TLC379-210-RF. Both molds drop bullets with the Micro-Bands (TL) for tumble lubing. They are gas checked (C) bullets with diameters appropriate for the Marlin bores.

The TLC359-180-RF is for the 35 Rem/356 Win and is a bore rider design because of the short throat of these rifles and it also considers the short neck of the cartridges. It casts a 180-grain bullet (including gas check).

The TLC379-210-RF is for my 375 Win. My main consideration for this mold was finding a suitable weight/length bullet. The cast bullet offerings all seem to favor the heavier weight bullets and I haven't had any success shooting them. They rob a lot of case capacity and simply leave the cartridge without any performance. I did a lot of ballistic testing with several software programs and it all pointed to a 210-grain bullet for this cartridge and there are non offered in commercial cast bullets.

I'm still waiting on a bullet mold for my 45-70/450 Marlin and another for my 30-30 Win. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those look great! Did you do a group buy and do you have any of the .359 180 molds left? What are you getting for a 45 mold, I've thought about a 350GC but haven't done anything yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts