Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
The dems at every level have weaponized everything against the people!
Agree completely with a minor change. Change the words 'the people' to 'freedom' or 'liberty.'

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah this keeps happening more and more and it is concerning. The virus is real, but so is our freedoms. I also agree there is a further loss of public trust of law enforcement even more so than in the past. I myself have a lot of respect for law enforcement being I have family and friends all within the criminal justice and law enforcement fields, but even I am starting to feel like they are being told by government officials to carry out new policies which at times are obvious infringement on our rights. At the same time I do feel people must behave in a respectful and conscientious way to prevent themselves and others from getting sick and causing potential deaths/hospitalizations. However, someone walking in a park, or surfing in the ocean. These are things officers need to assess just how much risk their actions are actually creating before deciding to exert their power over them. Even protesters. Agree or disagree with them they still have a right to do so. Virus or no. I hope I am not alone in this thought. But this officer brings up a lot of great points.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
I remember being called Pig many times on duty. (Pride Integrity Guts). 1974, Vietnam War winding down. Last soldiers out by July 1975.

Our department sponsored a football game against a bunch of peace-nicks. Pigs vs. Hippies. Was not pretty at all. Couple of licks scored against the pigs, very lopsided though.

AC

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
The only issue I have with this video is who he is talking to? ................he knows damned well we, (Law Enforcement) have a 'net', many avenues of communication to discuss our issues. Why lecture his Brothers in a public forum, he knows damned well he can talk directly to us, know what we are thinking. .........It's obvious to me, he doesn't.

.........he saw on TV?

·
Super Moderator
26,016 Posts
John, is it possible his video may not have been intended for youtube?

He's right though, the sleeping giant is greatly stirring and liberal politicos best end their tyranny, and tip toe to back-the-hell-off.

Jack

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
The officer in the video says that stay-at-home orders from a governor (and the enforcement thereof) violate people’s constitutional rights. Has a court with jurisdiction in the area his department serves ruled such orders unconstitutional? My reading of the Constitution tells me that’s how constitutionality is determined.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stay at home "orders" is unconstitutional! The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived under the Fifth Amendment. no more than a gun law is constitutional. just because they make up laws as they go dose not make it right or lawful!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only issue I have with this video is who he is talking to? ................he knows damned well we, (Law Enforcement) have a 'net', many avenues of communication to discuss our issues. Why lecture his Brothers in a public forum, he knows damned well he can talk directly to us, know what we are thinking. .........It's obvious to me, he doesn't.

.........he saw on TV?
maybe he had talked to his partners and they wouldn't have it. so he took it to the public. either way I like what he said! and he is right! like it or not,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Kendawg

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Jack, I tried to hold that one back ...................the cops on the street know what's going on and don't like it. They are doing their very best as I'm sure most here know and appreciate. As to the video, he nailed the sentiment for the majority of our Law Enforcement. Honestly? No, I do not believe it was a mistake. I also believe, unless he is stupid, the implications of what he said, how the public will view his 'plea', escapes him.

If it was a mistake and not for public consumption, I'll be the first as I believe you know to apologize, and to him personally.

I'll say it here, though confident it will never happen. If some 'government' force, whoever it be, attempts physical domination over us, I, as you, would be their worst nightmare .............along with the mostly young, well trained, Patriots presently wearing the Blue and Tan of our Country's Law Enforcement.

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
My point made ............................citizen's, 'patriots' turn, fire on Law Enforcement and the 'irreversible' commences. That is what is wrong with the video, that's why he has screwed up .........not for some 'truth'.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all I know is the average citizen is sick and tired of there rights being trampled on by any and every "official" and it is good to finally here a man tell it like it is! to finally here a law enforcement officer who seams to be on the side of the people and the constitution,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes we are! I hope it will end in a positive way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
623 Posts
from the outside, I hope only that this guy won't be crucified, and this time I'm not joking.
what he said has some relevance well outside the States only.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts