Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Call to Vigilance | CNS News

I am convinced that Barack Obama has no intention of leaving America armed when he leaves office. If there is any way, hook, crook or presidential fiat that he can use to lay the groundwork for the confiscation of privately-owned firearms, he will do it.

The dwindling days of a lame duck president are a dangerous time as has been proven again and again as last minute applications of executive privilege have been applied to some very dubious situations and I believe that the legacy Obama craves, above all others, is the disarming of America.

It will take intensive vigilance on the parts of the few politicians still left on Capitol Hill who are not willing to sell their birthrights for a bowl of porridge, especially in the Senate where all it would take to put American firearms under the control of the United Nations is the ratification of a UN treaty.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that there are not a significant number of Senators who would be willing to trample your second amendment right, that was proven a while back when a senatorial vote was taken to abolish the treaty, to take it off the table permanently and 46 Senators voted against the move.

I think, at least in the area where I live, federal attempts to confiscate guns would result in a quasi-civil war as people down home believe they are guaranteed the right to own guns by the constitution and that no global monstrosity like the United Nations should have any say over their lives at all.

The Obama administration has shown its true colors and its obvious immaturity by knowingly putting high-powered firearms in the hands of the murderous drug cartels - Fast and Furious - while doing their best to disarm American citizens.

The United Nations' reason for this treaty has nothing to do with reducing violence and everything to do with making the people of this nation defenseless against anything that is shoved down our throats.

And, if you think Obama has the interests of American citizens on his mind, ask the families of the four men killed in Benghazi and the parents of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooreesi, the U.S. Marine being held in a Mexican prison.

My best guess is, and I hope and pray that I'm wrong, that America will see Islamic fanatics openly attacking vulnerable spots in this nation - the influx of American Jihadists in Iraq and Syria almost guarantee it. When they return to America, they will bring with them the latest bomb-making skills and a fanatic hatred for everything and everybody that does not adhere to Islam.

Already, there have been test runs on the interruption of our power grids and you can bet the ranch that every strategic installation in this country is under surveillance.

It's coming folks, and if Obama and his cohorts have their way, America will be defending itself with slingshots and water pistols.

And, even if Obama is successful in confiscating the legally owned guns of law-abiding citizens, it would only mean easy pickings for the criminals who own illegal, unregistered guns they couldn't confiscate them because there'd be no record of purchase and they're certainly not going to turn them in voluntarily.

So, we'd have a nation of families at the mercy of whatever thug wanted to come in to their homes to rape, pillage and take anything they wanted.

This is a very serious issue and those of us who value our second amendment rights need to keep a close eye on those we elect to represent us, since it could mean the difference to being able to protect your home and family or being helpless in the face of thugs and terrorists.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops and the peace of Jerusalem.

God Bless America! - Charlie Daniels

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I do expect martial law during his reign(he can declare it on a whim)...much like Katrina in La. but I don't think he or his advisors believe there would be much resistance....it will be a surprise to those folks...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Be not afraid. Don't even be concerned. O'bama and his advisors are out there, but not stupid. First, he is not fixated on one particular issue, he just provides the knee-jerk political reaction that he thinks his supporters want to see. He knows that he cannot repeal the second amendment by executive order. He probably has not ever heard of "Prohibition" or what this country went through in the 20's and 30's when a large percentage of the population were immediately made criminals. He may not know, but his advisors do, and they will not advise doing this. If it ever happens, we will just go through that chapter of history all over again, hiding guns, running ammo from other countries, making it ourselves, mining lead, saltpeter & sulfur - you get the idea. No way we are going to just "give up" our guns. Don't forget that the police and military would be on OUR side. They have fathers, brothers & uncles etc. who would be caught up. And don't forget that WOMEN snipers held off the Germans in Moscow. Most women in my state know how to shoot also. There isn't even enough interest in congress to get a 2nd amendment question to the floor. For many states, including mine, hunting and shooting brings in millions of dollars every year in license fees and taxes, so the states will not support federal restrictions. When you see a federal tax on ammo in the 50% range, then you can get upset - but not yet. By the way, even northern senators and congressman know that we are here, and we are for real. They smile confidently when they think of what would happen to muslims in this country if something serious was started. They publicly disagree with us, but inwardly rely on us. When you look back at our history, this is how it always has been. We are a ******* nation, and proud of it!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The Liberals get their support from the big cities, the folks in the rural areas support the Conservatives. The Dems got Obama in office by using the big city vote to win, we ******* voters need to do our best to see that this does not happen in 2016. We need someone with a backbone of steel not one made of a rubber band. Lets vote for better govt. in 2016. Take care, John.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think he wants our guns. Rocket launchers and explosives, maybe. I don't get all the hysteria. I own a couple handguns and a few long guns. I have not seen or heard any proposed policy at any level of government that is remotely confiscatory. Just sayin'

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't think he wants our guns. Rocket launchers and explosives, maybe. I don't get all the hysteria. I own a couple handguns and a few long guns. I have not seen or heard any proposed policy at any level of government that is remotely confiscatory. Just sayin'
You can't be serious

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Make no mistake if Obama could get all our guns he'd melt them into a statue of himself.

Many of us are tired of being called racist, homophobe, gun nut, etc....
After all it's only white males that have to deal with this.
What will happen when they decide to call us criminals?
Well it' just another word to add to the list they keep making up.

If defending the Constitution makes me a criminal, so be it!

Reactions: Spanky1369

·
Registered
478 Posts
If the U.N.'s Small Arms Treaty is ratified, the Obunhol will think he is invincible. Then his small army of citizens, as he has declared, The NSA will be on the move.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Stay prepared and vigilant. Don't trust anyone from the government.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Please send a forty eight hour notice of your arrival to ensure someone will be here to greet you.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
There are those who don't know what this clown is attempting to do in regards to our weapons, either they are too afraid to face that reality, too stupid to see the truth or part of the liberal plan to destroy this country.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
He doesn't need much of an excuse to declare Marshall Law. He would need a lot more than issuing a decree to enforce it.

Mike T.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Gotta be at least 100 million armed citizens in this country, only 2.2 million military members. I pity the poor bast*rd foolish enough to pick a fight over gun confiscation.

Wonder how congressturds stay safe from snipers...could it be they have taxpayer-funded armed security details?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts