Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was at his cabin in Alaska (located a few hours or so North of Anchorage) this past weekend and took some pics I thought you guys wouldn't mind seeing.

The cabin:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Inside the cabin with a nice warm fire going in the wood burning stove:

The trail to the lake that borders his 40 acres (and his dog, Jake):

The lake:

Jake going for a swim:

A fox that decided to visit the cabin:

The little guy came up on the porch and checked out some of dad's equipment:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Wow !! Great pictures ! I do so envy people that have access to that type of retreat and the time to enjoy it ! I would love to hire a place like that for a week or two ... I would fly there all the way from Australia for the chance !! (its too far to walk!):flute: Funnily enough going to Anchorage and surrounds is very close to the top of my bucket list of things to do before i go to the large hunting ground in the sky !! My wife thinks im nuts but i feel a calling from there!

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
That is Awsome!!! I would love a place like that, it really DOESNT get any better than that in my book. That little fox must have been curious as to who was up to visit him. :biggrin:

I see the Bear medicine/verminator/persuader is close by for action!!! :tee:

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Your dads a lucky man.

BloodGroove4570

Leverlad
Its on my "List" too.... :tee:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the invite :flute::biggrin: Actually thats on my bucket list also. Some great outdoors vacation like that, griz hunting and some caribou, followed by about a weeks worth of salmon and trout fishing. Just as soon as I win the lottery.

·
Super Moderator
19,116 Posts
That's very nice vegasguy thanks for thee pics.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Thanks for the invite :flute::biggrin: Actually thats on my bucket list also. Some great outdoors vacation like that, griz hunting and some caribou, followed by about a weeks worth of salmon and trout fishing. Just as soon as I win the lottery.
I dont know about the lottery, but im hoping someone kidnaps me that lives up there and NEVER lets me go!!! :marchmellow:

Now that i think about it, i probably have better chance with the lottery, i guess im Doomed!!! :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I would love to have a place like that but if I won the lottery I would put up a Bearproof fence around the whole 40 acres. I get nervous walking outside at night where I live.Ha

·
Registered
19,549 Posts
Beautiful place he's got there! Color me green with envy too!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice cabin. My only problem, looking at the pix of Jake, is this: bear bait or fish bait? Just kidding, guys! ;)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
that quiet is just screaming peaceful... wait... was that dripping with irony or was it just me?!

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Jake very likely makes a great "2 minute warning" system. I love being with nature and always pray that "being one with nature" doesn't turn me into fertilizer.....

Great pics and as posted, your Dad's a lucky man and he has a lucky kid!

Jeff
NRA Life

Reactions: cowboy66

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice cabin-makes me miss mine I haven't been since March due to my wife and I's newest addition. Looks similar size and I have a golden retriever cousin of your Dad's Lab. Ironic! What do you hunt up there?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That's a nice place your dad has there and like everyone else I'm a little envious. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts