Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WaxMeister was designed by a BPCR shooter to help him more easily pan lube bullets. It is for the shooter who does not like to re-size their bullets or for someone just getting into casting. It allows them to easily and quickly lube a large number of bullets at a fair price. We hope to bring more innovative designs related to hunting and shooting to market in addition to our other projects.

I watched the video of the WaxMeister and thought "Just maybe I will go back to pan lubing again. That looks like fun."
http://www.ideadevgroup.com/products.html

Welcome to our newest Industry Partner the Idea Development Group who brings the WaxMeister!!!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Thanks guys. Ill start off with a brief introduction and let things go from there. I am Levi Knowlton and I was one of the two original founder of Idea Development Group, LLC. We take ideas and do all of the necessary work to get them onto the market. I am an avid shooter in many different disciplines and a HUGE Marlin fan. I currently own an 1897 Cowboy and am Restoring an 1893 Takedown. I have learned a lot from this site and hope to be able to bring much more to it.

My father made the initial prototype of the WaxMeister for his personal use. He wanted to take it to the market on his own but unfortunately is unable to due to health reasons. He turned the idea over to my company, which I had recently founded, about two weeks ago and we ran with it.

To be completely honest with everyone I am here to promote my company and my product. We have a product that I think will be of great use to a lot of shooters and hopefully get some new people into the sport. I feel that we are offering the WaxMeister at a very fair price.

With that being said I'm not just here to make money. I honestly want to promote shooting sports, reloading, casting, and of course MARLINS! I intend to devote a lot of time to this forum and be fair to everyone. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me on here or through my e mail below. Thank you for your time and support. Good shooting.

Levi Knowlton
Idea Development Group, LLC
Vice President
[email protected]

www.ideadevgroup.com

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Welcome Levi! Great Idea, pun intended! I just ordered the tool with all the cutters as this tool is exactly where I've been heading with my Alox lubing. I primarily work with gas checked bullets and liquid Alox but casting 20K worth of them a year has caused me to refine my technique quite a bit. My choice is Alox, my bullets are designed for it, because I have not found a bullet lube that survives jacketed bullet velocities and pressures as well. In a nutshell, allow me to describe my bullet lubing technique so you can see how your tool will work for me.

After casting, I snap the gas checks on and spray WD-40 across the bullets in prep to run them through the Lee sizer.

With all the bullets sized and gas checks seated, I then move to lubing. I keep my Alox in a small crock pot, in that pot I'm able to store and reheat the lube for use. The Alox is "cut" with odorless mineral spirits to achieve a consistency that will allow me to lube the bullet with one dip. This method allows the excess lube from the bullets to be returned to the pot for use in the next session.

After lubing the bullets are placed on a cookie sheet to dry. In my conditioned reloading room, this takes about 2 hours. Until now, I've taken the bullets off the cookie sheet and run them back through the Lee sizer to remove the excess wax. This step has required a lot of unnecessary work and the old Lee tool often came to mind. I'm looking forward to this new product!

My method is very quick but your cutting tool will made it even more so!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.