Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish Marlin made one of these. Not real practical, but a lot of fun.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a case for transport?

Tks

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Man I havn't a clue where you could get a case. If the handle came off easy you could use about any of them. Good luck on your search. :eek:

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I've handled a couple, think it would be a fun thing to have around. With practice, I think it would be more accurate than a regular hand gun, not as much as a full length rifle. Not sure on exactly how long they are, but I'm sure there are some nice padded cases for take-down rod and reel combos that could be used with cutting the foam inside to the shape of the gun. I've got a hard case for a keyboard that works very good for my short Trappers with some extra foam glued in. Check the second hand stores in your area when you get the measurments. DP

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look for items outside the gun suppliers.

It is 24" long and about 7" high due to large loop.

Tks

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Try a tube sock. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those things are really neat...I'm looking at getting one this fall, or winter. Though their stainless .357 Carbine has my eye as well.

And if you want a real 336 wannabe, look at the Rio Grande...

·
Registered
274 Posts
i've seen a few of those 'mares leg copies down here (any body remember"wanted dead or alive")

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Might look at some of the AR/CAR soft drag bag type cases. Bet they would fit the large lever.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Ya know, I saw an article in a magazine a few months back. It was either American Rifleman or Rifle Magazine I think.

Anyway, I thought they were really cool. Also saw a video on line and it looked even more fun but tyhen recently I had a chance to handle one and for the life of me, I couldn't come with a way to hold and aim it that felt even a little bit comfortable. Kinda put a damper on the desire to buy but I'd still like t try one some day. Might not be as awkward as I'm thinking.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
plumbercrackus said:
i've seen a few of those 'mares leg copies down here (any body remember"wanted dead or alive")
Sure do. I think it made Steve McQueen a star. But, as for the mare's leg, I think I'll pass on this one. I saw one at a pawn shop, handled it and it just didn't speak to me. I'll stick with my full length Marlin rifles.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Thompson makes two violin cases. I have a musical case I care my hunting rifles into resturaunts in when I travel.
You should see how I tote my pistol grip shotgun ;)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Brian in FL said:
... I saw one at a pawn shop, handled it and it just didn't speak to me. I'll stick with my full length Marlin rifles.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks guns and other objects talk...I almost came home with a new 3/4 Ton Chevy Pick up today...But it was the wrong voices...LOL... :D

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Try Thompson Center a super 16 should be around that size.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
I bought a hard gun case in K-mart for about $15. You can buy one and center your Mares Leg so to get a good balance by the handle. Cut down both ends and close off the ends with a piece of 1X3", 1"x4", 1"X5" wood which ever size is right. Paint the wood and even add locks.

T ;D NY

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
h8pvmnt,

It looks like either of the cases you suggested will work.

We have a fall hunting extravaganza this weekend, I'm going to check out the vendors there, if I don't find anything at a Fall Hunting Extravaganza going on this weekend I will order one of these.

Swany, the Thompson units are like what i want, but they are all too small. The Ranch hand is 26" x 7".

If anyone else has any ideas, thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
plumbercrackus said:
If I remember correctly, his gun wasn't in a holster, but fastened to a swivel on his belt. He just swiveled it up, and shot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts