Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to reload some 9mm ammo for my rifle. From what I have read the nine is finicky about the bullet depth and pressure. How do I tell if my load is safe and under the maximum pressure. Thank you. KUP.

·
Registered
702 Posts
OAL recommended by the data you have should be adhered to. if you plan to shoot +P loads you must replace the factory recoil spring with a heavier spring.
my 9 handles the +P loads I roll for me and nephews pistols and carbines (kel-tec and hipoint, s&w and kahr) well.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Used wooden Camp 9 stocks (that aren't broken) are getting kinda pricey so I stick with factory 9mm pistol data even though I have installed the wolff xtra pwr recoil spring and a good buffer. Mine likes any 124 or 125g RN bullet (cast, plated or jacketed).

BB

Reactions: groovy mike

·
Registered
363 Posts
Used wooden Camp 9 stocks (that aren't broken) are getting kinda pricey so I stick with factory 9mm pistol data even though I have installed the wolff xtra pwr recoil spring and a good buffer. Mine likes any 124 or 125g RN bullet (cast, plated or jacketed).

BB
good to know, Im just about to start reloading some and I thought the 124gr sounded like a good bullet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If your gonna Roll yer own you can stay with the Minimum side of the load data and if you want to be sure they,r gonna feed in any gun Get yourself a Max Cartridge Gauge and check your Home Loads If they fit in the Gauge properly the should feed in anything ya shoot them out of. Lyman /Wilson and theres a few others that make these Gauges. In small auto Pistol cartridges these can be a handy thing to have as they check your Max OAL and headspace dimensions If your Gonna try 124 grain Try a 124 grain TC mold they feed real reliably in 9,s and 38 Supers
Have Fun
DOGG!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.