Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a model 995 and am having a devil of a time finding pictures of models that match my gun. I am starting to wonder if I got some bastardized gun. It is wood stocked with a barrel band. The sling swivel needs to be replaced and Marlin lists it no where on the parts order form I recieved. Anybody have some pictures of a 995 or several 995s I could see for reference? I would appreciate it. All the photos I see, have either synthetic stocks or wood and no barrel band. I am begining to think someone switched stocks on it years ago. I wish I had one without the barrel band and may need to find a walnut replacement stock. Any ideas or advice welcome.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hi Dave-

The only Marlin S/A I can find with a bbl band ( I'm assuming your rifle doesn't have a handguard ) is the Marlin Glenfield Model 70 (Wrenchester eat ya heart out!) . The Glenfield 70 has a bbl contour and action very similar to the 995- it is entirely possible it was restocked with a 70 stock. Try asking Marlin about a front swivel for the Glenfield 70 and see what they say... Also try a post on the collector's board here- someone may know what's up...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc.

I can't find one configured like I have it either. It definately states 995 on the BBL. I think it's possible someone restocked it with a walnut stock, but I am not certain. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want a synthetic stock on this gun, I'd just buy one of the aftermarket available pieces and be done with it. I still might unless I can find a walnut stock without barrel bands or figure out this ones deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts