Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally was able to put a few rounds through it the other night before the sun went down. Shot pretty good, felt good. I shot some factory loads and some light reloads I had. The only issue was that on the heavier factory ammo, the percussion would knock the forearm off. Not sure why, couldn't figure it out. It locks up tight otherwise, at least I can't make it come off without pushing the button down. I made sure my hand wasn't bumping it while shooting. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

·
Banned
849 Posts
the latch's probably not fully engaging, either from wear or a weak spring. one way to help it is to clean the latch area well; maybe take a toothpick and yard out any grunge that's collected. any swelling in the wood that isn't letting it down all the way could be a problem, too, but that wouldn't be quite as easy to fix. mine holds good on my 22 hipower, even when the latch "tee" is out of the rifle--in fact, once i realized it was in danger of falling out, i started leaving it at home. one thing the old-timers'll tell ya: it may be a "take-down"--but don't! they get loose and sloppy and less accurate the more you do it. mind yer topknot!
windy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks windy, I'll take a look. I was suspecting the spring. It is afterall, a hundred year old rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts