Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys,when i was little my dad was a collector of the m1 carbine,and he knew when my brother and i where older we woulg be into guns to,so at the time he was into military m1.he bought the marlin 99 m1 for me and the 989 m2 for my brother,he also stocked up on parts for them,because he knew we would need them look at this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
great collection of sights you have

people will be searching you out to buy those

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Thats where they all went!

Yep I have been looking for awhile. Never find one I can afford:biggrin: Well maybe just not willing to pay more than the rifle is worth for one.

Very nice collection of sights.

You could help out alot of needy people with those:)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Those will be wanted.......I haven't seen a 99M1 with its rear sight in quite a few years. It seems that all were taken off to mount a scope, and then promptly lost or thrown away. You can demand big money.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes,he was.he bought extra clips for the m2,extra gold triggers,inner loading tubes,front sights,pretty much anything that a kid could loose,he bought two of each for every one he bought.i dont no why pleople took the sights off for the scope. the scope fits over the sight no problem.out of all the parts my dad bought i think i only needed a loading tube,because i lost it hunting when i was around 11,or 12 yrs old,that i know of my brother,went threw front sight,buttplate wich he cracked on a big rock,lower assembly parts,as well as i

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
marlin99m1, your mission, should you chose to accept it is...get 8 more posts today and offer up some of those sights to needy 99M1 owners. This post will self destruct in 10 seconds.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Looks like a retirement fund.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,not wanting to scare anyone,when my dad bought these m1,and m2 he bought one each for every year up to 1968 he stopped buying in 69 that was a total 120 all together 60 of each model.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
yes,he was.he bought extra clips for the m2,extra gold triggers,inner loading tubes,front sights,pretty much anything that a kid could loose,he bought two of each for every one he bought.i dont no why pleople took the sights off for the scope. the scope fits over the sight no problem.out of all the parts my dad bought i think i only needed a loading tube,because i lost it hunting when i was around 11,or 12 yrs old,that i know of my brother,went threw front sight,buttplate wich he cracked on a big rock,lower assembly parts,as well as i
In those days of old, the only scopes available were the 3/4" scopes. Not the stuff available today. Those old scopes sat lower and could not be mounted with the rear sight in place. The rear sight was removed, and the scope slid onto the grooves. The ring system was also a piece affair and covered just about the entire length of the grooves. If you wanted to clamp it entirely on the grooves, one had to remove the sight to get enough room for those old long one-piece scope ring sets. Yes, it had to be removed for the scope.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i now of the scope you a talking about have one from 1964 micro vue came with my 64,my brother has old weaver k4s on his 4x32 sight sits under them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts