Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. My uncle wanted me to look at his older 99 m1 because he was having an issue with the bolt. Not being familiar with this rimfire I carefully broke it down and clean thoroughly, assembled and checked the function. Well to me the bolt seems to be catching on something just over halfway and requires a slight nudge to firmly set the bolt the rest of the way. If I charge the bolt all the way back and let go, the bolt does go all the way forward (barely) . I did replace the buffer spring and it did help a little, but it the bolt seems to drag, sufficiently, once it reaches the feed ramp. I was hoping you in this forum may have an ideal or two to help him out.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Some drag is designed into the action at that point for timing. You may have a weak recoil spring. I'm not sure what a buffer spring is because my Model 60s (same action) don't have one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for my lack of proper terminology in the rimfire realm. I guess what I meant to say was recoil spring. I did replace the recoil spring, but the drag seems to be a little to much. I will have to ask my uncle if he is riding the charge handle forward vs. letting it slam home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.