Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post on Marlin Forum - thought I would come talk to the experts. I was in my LGS and saw a 989 M2 for sale. It is in 95% shape finish wise with a clean bore. Rear sight is attached (I gather in my research they are hard to find). They are asking $399. From everything I can find (not much) that is $200 too high. What say ye? ???

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Sounds about 2x the prices I have seen . See If they will take $5.00 for the rear site , I sure need one. ;) ;D
I have seen plenty of the M1's and M2's for about a hundred without rear site and about $200.00 with the rear site . Been that way for several years where I do my looking. I would have to pass on that one for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
I was at the Waukesha gun show in Wisconsin and found a 989M2 for $145.00 in very good shape
Still had the factory test sticker on the fore arm.
I would have to say that is a little over priced.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
That's kinda high, sounds to me. That kinda price, it would have to be museum quality. How bad do you want it?

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
$200 max.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Nice find looks to be in decent shape i think you did well. :) need a range report when you get the chance. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
That's a nice rifle Psycho.Is that sling stamped with Marlin logo and horse & rider? It's made a little different than the factory sling that came with my 989M2.I'm thinking maybe there were two versions.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks like this...

Leather from different parts of cow has different tones...so no two (even purchased at the same time) look entirely alike.

Buy 'em for $15 from Marlin :)

Look Darn Good on a 989-M2, also!!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Big Shrek, I must be a big dummy, I looked all over the Marlin site, where exactly are the slings listed? At $15.00 bux I want one too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts